Chancellor's, Dean's, Faculty, TCU and Founder's Scholarship Stats?

Just like to provide details aboit my experience to everyone that might care & hopefully ease the minds of people in the future.

I received my acceptance letter, honors college invite, and deans scholarship/chancellors invite all on December 26th in seperate envelopes. Here are my stats.

ACT 35
SAT 1470
12 APs, 5’s on World, US history, Lang, Environmental, Govt, taking 5 tests this spring.
Varsity XC/Basketball/Tennis
Eagle Scout
Employed at a Law Office
Other EC’s

I actually just got back from the chancellors interview weekend as well. I thought it went really well, and we apparantly receive notification mid march. Patiently waiting!

TCU Chancellor’s Scholar Weekend was an amazing experience. For anyone who attends, the school really tries to make you feel as comfortable as possible because they understand how nervewracking the interviews can be.

As far as I understand, your academics only get you as far as the invitation. This was extremely reassuring when you’re competing with some of the brightest students in the country! They pick each individual for a special reason. They truly just want to see you be you.

Good luck!

Does anyone know when they will notify students/anyone got their notification in the mail yet??

@tcu222 patiently waiting for the same thing! havent got mine yet

@tcu222 @22TCUGOFROGS - My daughter got her Chancellor’s packet yesterday. Arrived FedEx overnight.

Where do you guys live ? Still waiting to hear .

We are still waiting to hear, also. The post above said it came FedEx overnight. We were told it would be via US mail. Maybe I need to check the front porch instead of the mailbox. Good luck to all.

If they were all sent out the same day FedEx overnight - then technically everyone should have been notified . Hoping that’s not the case - Fingers still crossed - my son really wants to attend! Good luck to all !!

FedEx just rang my door bell - a nice FedEx envelope - asked son if I could open - YES!!! He is officially a Chancellor Scholar - Happy family in Houston :

Congratulations to @Arequipa and @momoftres! That is fantastic news!!! We are still waiting to hear about music scholarship to see if TCU is a possibility! The Dean’s scholarship is just not enough with additional help. Still holding our breath for good news!

Congratulations @Arequipa!!

Got an envelope from fedex today. Proud to say I am a chancellors scholar at TCU!!! #FrogFam

I just received my envelope!! So excited to join the horned frog family next year!!!

Its funny because im sitting here reading about those of us that received the scholarship wondering which of you ive met at the weekend

Will those who received the Chancellor’s scholarship please post your stats?

@TXGirlMom
I received my chancellors scholar notification today.

ACT 35
SAT 1470
12 APs, 5’s on World History, US history, Lang, Environmental, US Govt, taking 5 tests this spring.
Varsity XC/Basketball/Tennis
Eagle Scout
Employed at a Law Office
Other EC’s include DECA (state winner, national finalist), FBLA (state winner), debate, math team

The interview weekend went really well also and Ive been told that has the most weight as far as actually receiving the scholarship.

@TXGirlMom sure,

32 act (34e/28m/34r/30s)
4.0 GPA unweighted
Small Catholic school doesn’t rank
10 AP classes and AP Scholar w Distinction
Varsity soccer
600+ hours of volunteer work- much of which came from participating in church’s annual Greek Festival
VP/President of local youth group
Involved/held positions in other clubs/organizations
2 Internships at hospital

@TXGirlMom

33 ACT (35m/33s/32e/32r)
103+ GPA weighted
Top 3-4% of class
12 AP classes and AP Scholar
Captain Drill Team
UIL Academics, Student Senate, Senior Planning Board
Business owner
volunteer in community
summer jobs

Hi everyone!! I also received a FedEX letter today BUT I did not get Chancellors… instead, they increased my scholarship from Deans (21000/yr) to Provost (35000/yr)!! I am so thankful for the opportunity to interview and congrats to all that received Chancellors!!

Hi everyone, I got the packet yesterday morning, and I got through with Chancellor’s Scholarship! In the packet they have asked me to go onto my.tcu.edu and then to the financial aid section and then follow the instructions to accept the award. The problem is that the award isn’t showing up there. Is anyone else able to accept the award on their MyTCU account?