Chancellor's Scholarship 2017

Hi everyone! Since scholarship awards started being posted today, I wanted to create a thread for chancellor’s scholarship hopefuls. Has anyone received an invite? I know that in previous years the chancellor’s weekend event showed up in the events tab on the MyTCU home page for people who had received an invitation. I was just awarded the dean’s scholarship but I do not see any sign of an invitation to chancellor’s weekend, so I’m a little worried.

Not sure on timing, but last year the deans scholarship letter and the invite to chancellors and the invite to honors all came in different letters. We were out of town for the holidays and when we came home, they were all in the mail. And I know all Chancellors received honors and deans, but of course all deans and honors didn’t receive an invite to Chancellors.

I received the invite, but not in the form of a letter. If you look on your portal under the Events section, there will be a link to sign up for the weekend.

@emiller143 what did it say?

@connorf13 It said “Chancellor’s Scholars Weekend” under the Events tab

@emiller143 i have one blank event slot… then one for an honors invitation night. Do you have the blank one too?

@connorf13 No, but my Chancellor’s invitation is right above my Honors Invitation Night, so that could be it. I honestly have no idea. Best of luck to you!

@emiller143 hey I appreciate it. Hopefully I’ll see you at the chancellor’s weekend!

For anyone in my position: (invitation to Roach Honors College Preview Night in events and then a blank spot) I found a tweet from Roach last year saying that the night was for Chancellor’s finalists, and I cannot really find anything that says anyone else gets invited to the preview night and is not a finalist. Still confusing though.

@connorf13 Well that’s kinda reassuring. My events tab shows the same thing as yours but I’m wondering why some people have a blank space and others don’t? I guess we’ll find out soon.

what are your guys stats?

i have the blank spot above honors too

@kate16

3.9 UW GPA, 35 ACT, plenty of extracurriculars with 3 officer positions, 10 AP Classes, National Hispanic Scholar/National Merit Commended, and around 300 volunteer hours. You?

I also have the blank spot above honors, wonder if it means anything

I received a letter with the dean’s scholarship and an invite to the Chancellor’s Weekend. It also shows up in my portal! Super excited!

@bcampbell74 Did it show up in your portal all week or was it updated recently?

got my deans scholarship letter, but nothing about chancellors… I was really hoping to get invited to chancellors weekend

I didn’t check until I got the letter yesterday, so I’m not sure.

I just got my letter for deans and there is no invitation to chancellor’s weekend. I’m pretty disappointed to say the least because it was my only chance at affording TCU but congrats to everyone who gets to go!

has anyone else heard anything?