Chancellor's Scholarship Program and Powers-Knapp Scholarship

@aimlesswriter yes in state

Does anyone have an idea of what competitive stats might look like to win the chancellors or powers knapp scholarships? I’m really nervous because the only way I will be able to afford going to UW-Madison as an OOS student is by winning one of these scholarships.

@audrella Maybe you could check out the previous forums and see if they have any stats. I’m extremely nervous too because I need that support. But comparing won’t really do anything for us now, so all we could do is just wait and hope for the best.

A girl from my school just got the Chancellor’s scholarship. I think they might be giving out all the Chancellor ones then the PKs.

Tonight she did? @aimlesswriter

@audrella Either last night or this morning. She posted something on Facebook.

@aimlesswriter are y’all in state?

@Nickel99 Yes, we are.

Seriously been worried sick about this scholarship. Madison has been a dream of mine since I was a little kid. If I don’t get this scholarship, I can’t afford to attend. Congrats to those who got it, and best of luck to those of us still waiting!

Same here. I’d be so happy if I at least get the Powers-Knapp

I called and they said that calls will be until mid-April.

Has anyone else received a phone call or email yet??

Not yet. Do you think they also send an email or just call?

@iloveuwmandum From what I heard, it’s just call. And you get a letter if you don’t get it.

I checked the “My Awards Section” of my UW scholarship widget thing and there’s nothing there. Does that mean I didn’t win anything or they haven’t updated? I don’t know, but it’s worth a check.

I’m pretty sure it’s because it hasn’t been updated @aimlesswriter

Because let’s say you did get the scholarship. If you did get it, I don’t think they would put in on the portal before calling you.

@iloveuwmandum @aimlesswriter They call you to let you know first and tell you that the portal will be updated within 48 hours, then you get an email telling you that you got the scholarship and that’s when your portal is updated. At least that’s how it happened for me

Has anyone else been awarded the scholarship yet??

Do you (or anyone) know if the rejection letter comes out around the same time that the acceptance calls do, or much before that?