Chancellor's Scholarship Program and Powers-Knapp Scholarship

I haven’t received a call or a letter @audrella

And no idea :frowning: @r0xyx3101

^ @aimlesswriter do you know?

I’m guessing the rejection emails will come April 15th since that is the last day they are making calls @r0xyx3101

@r0xyx3101 Unfortunately, I haven’t heard anything. My best friend did get awarded the Chancellor Scholarship around the 30th or so. That’s a total of two people who have gotten the chancellor at my school. I haven’t heard of any PK winners yet, so I don’t know. Sorry :frowning: it’s making me anxious too!

May 1st is very close, and I still don’t know where I’m going to college. So much stress right now ugh

@audrella is it an email or formal letter in the mail?

@r0xyx3101 I think the rejections come in a letter in the mail. (From the threads I read in the previous years)

@audrella Where did you hear that April 15th was the last day they were making calls? :o

I emailed them and they mentioned April 15th as well. “We began notifying applicants of our decisions last Thursday (March 23) and will continue to release decisions through April 15. Regret notifications will be sent via email, and scholarship offers are done over the phone.”

I wonder if how much financial aid you receive has anything to do with whether you can win or not. My friend and I both received around 20k+ in grants, but we both still applied for the scholarship (and need it)

@aimlesswriter are you in state? I’m OOS from illinois and got absolutely no money! and UW-Madison is pretty notorious for never giving out any scholarships/financial aid so that’s surprising to hear

@r0xyx3101 I am in state, and I know, I heard the same thing. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw my financial aid.

@aimlesswriter I called and asked whether financial aid affects eligibility because I received a lot, but they said it has no affect!

But don’t plan on more aid than the COA.

@Nickel99 Wow, thanks for that information!! :slight_smile:

Any news yet?

Nope

I am still waiting too, but thankfully and surprisingly, Financial Aid had covered me for this year. Would still be amazing and way less of s burden to receive either of the scholarships though. Best of luck to you all!

I am also still waiting. I called today and they said they will try to get all of the application results out by or on this Friday.

Just got an email, and I didn’t receive any scholarship. UIUC it is! Good luck to all of you!!

Same here!