chances after being postponed?

<p>3.6 UW gpa, school doesn't weigh
29 act
i have all honors/ap classes but only took one ap my junior year; i have 3 this year along with spanish 5 - AP English (A-), AP Psychology (A) and AP Biology (A)
great letters of recommendation and great EC's
my unweighted gpa for first semester is 3.81 and I'm sending in three more letters of recommendation along with a letter explaining how much I want to attend.
So where do I stand? I'm extremely nervous because I'm seeing many people with much higher stats than mine being postponed :(</p>

<p>I feel your pain, I am also postponed and anxiously awaiting word. My stats are amazingly similar to yours. I don’t know if it ever happens but I hope somehow that we hear something before the middle of March.</p>

<p>I think you guys are in the middle of the postponed curve so it depends how many they already accepted and how many of those they think will enroll. I’d say you are in the 40-60 range, with 40% being in.</p>

<p>@MaryDay - I’m pretty sure the earliest we will find out will be the first week in March. Last year, most of my postponed friends found out ON March 15 but a few found out as early as March 4. I highly doubt we’ll find out before then because they don’t even begin to rereview postponed applications until all other applications received by the February 1 (or February 2, I can’t remember) deadline have been reviewed.</p>

<p>The wait is killing me! March 15 is horribly far away :(</p>

<p>I’m sure you’re right kkn1993. The waiting is awful. I’ve been accepted to my other choices but Madison is my #1. Although it is a good feeling when you get a nice letter from a school that wants you as opposed to basically being told they will only take you if they have room left.</p>

<p>I was postponed. 31 ACT, 3.89 gpa UW, 5 AP classes, 2 PSEO classes last fall, good ECs, lifeguard at the Y, and great rec letters…parents are alums (including PhD). I submitted a new rec letter from my PSEO English Prof and my fall PSEO transcript (4.0 for 7 credits). Will submit a 4.0 fall semester transcript (all AP classes) from my high school in a few weeks. I am disappointed because even though I was accepted by the other universities I applied to, I really want to go to Madison. I hope the fact that I had not taken any post-secondary education classes in the past is the reason I was postponed and that I will be accepted based on my transcript from fall. I really wanted to participate in the Bradley Learning Community, which will not be possible if I don’t hear until March 15.</p>

<p>Beanblossom, how were you postponed?! Your stats are awesome! I have no idea why you didn’t get in…most people don’t take postsecondary education classes. </p>

<p>I’m really glad that I got in last year because they have raised the bar a LOT in just one year. I’m almost certain I wouldn’t have gotten in!</p>

<p>Beanblossom, I’m also surprised that you were postponed. I wonder if it might be worth sending an e-mail containing the info that you included here: that UW is your first choice, your newest grades are all A’s (transcript coming soon), and you need to hear by March 15th to be eligible for the Bradley Learning Community. Did you skimp on your admissions essay? I can’t see any other reason that they wouldn’t snap you up.</p>

<p>I think my essays were decent. I got feedback from a teacher and revised them. My big weakness is that I only have two years of Spanish and I took the last semester pass/no credit. I struggled with Spanish so much, I decided to only take 2 years. I did send a letter with my fall PSEO transcript that mentioned my interest in the learning community, but so far no word.</p>

<p>^Ok, that explains it.</p>

<p>I don’t know if it does…I only had two years of French and lower stats in general and I got in. But I guess that was last year. It blows my mind how much more competitive it seems to have gotten in just one year.</p>

<p>I agree! I feel like many of this year’s postponed applicants would have been admitted right away last year.</p>