Chances at U of A

OOS Senior
GPA w/uw: 3.76/3.4
ACT:21
EC: Book club (1 year), hockey (2 years), lacrosse (2 years), NHS (1 year), Cross Country (1 year)
I go to a difficult private school with a harder grading scale (lowest A is a 93, lowest B is 85 etc.)I will be applying ASAP with wildcat promise early decision. Also I heard you can retake test scores and send them in after applying and was wondering if this includes being reevaluated if one got rejected and then get accepted after a improved test score.

I was also going to be applying into biochemistry if that makes a difference

You’ll get in. Also look at financial aid/scholarship page on U of Arizona website. There are automatic merit scholarships for different ACT/SAT scores for OOS students–I believe it is the excellence award. You can re-submit new ACT scores for reevaluation after acceptance (likely there is a deadline) to get higher cash award. Tougher part is holding onto the scholarship after the weed out courses for the science programs. They reevaluate minimum GPA end of every year–but u can use summer online gen ends to help keep GPA up. Science Program reqires critical thinking not just regurgitation to pass, even Freshman year. If u are looking towards a medical field u may also want to explore pre-neuro science program. You can also go in science undeclared. The depth of science majors is amazing. FYI, all gen ends are geared towards writing.
Mom of U of A OOS student

Okay I’m just freaking out that my ACT score is too low and that they will reject me

Your unweighted GPA is right at the average for U of A. I would say get that ACT up to at least the 24-27 range and you should be in a better place in regards to getting in. Also you may consider taking the SAT as you may do better on it than the ACT.

Good Luck

I think you have a solid chance of getting in especially since ur applying ed, and as was mentioned before, look into financial aid/scholarships.
Good luck !

I found out that u of a doest have early decision so I will be applying just wildcat promise

You are good. I got in 1 month ago with a 2.65 GPA and 1160 on the New SAT