Chances EA?

<p>Hi! I applied a couple of weeks ago (EA) and I'm nervously awaiting. I know I'm qualified to be at UM, but like always, SAT scores tell the wrong story.</p>

<p>Here are a few brief stats: </p>

<p>-3.8 UW GPA/4.7 W
-1780 Superscore SAT (still waiting for Oct, I'll update in 5 days)
-SAT II Span w List: 730 (I'm a native span speaker, it just wasn't a good day)
-Rank ~ 8/407 </p>

<p>-541 service hrs at similar places
-Pres of Spanish Hon Society
-Treasurer of PreMed club
-NHS
-5 AP classes, scores: 3,5,5 and the others I'm taking now. </p>

<p>Thank you :)</p>

<p>Your class rank is sexy. </p>

<p>Top 2%. I would say you’d be a shoo-in if it wasn’t for your SAT scores. However, they only look at Math and Verbal. So hope you’re above a 1300 to be considered as strongly. </p>

<p>Hope you’re above a 1350 I’d say, for with the rest of your stats, to be considered a shoo-in.</p>

<p>Agree with BornToBeaGator, get SAT’s up and you’re golden. Right now though, I think it would be a slight reach.</p>

<p>Thank you guys for the reply, I really appreciate it :)</p>

<p>I was only able to get 1260 (M+CR, it was previously 1150), 1890 all together. I think I will have to retake a
4th time because I’m 20-40 pts away from the Bright Futures (Academic). Should I?</p>

<p>You should also be taking the ACT - many students who don’t do well on the SAT get better scores on the ACT. I think your class rank will get you accepted, but I think the SAT may suppress your chance for merit scholarships.</p>

<p>I did try the ACT, but I did worse on it, unfortunately can’t get past the science section. Well, I’m counting mostly on need based aid.</p>

<p>Thanks Zinc!</p>

<p>I would recommend applying if your scores are consistent, even with a 1260 SAT score. It is a reach school though with that score, and its good to keep that in mind.</p>

<p>Thanks guys! Just thought I’d update this thread. </p>

<p>I ended up raising my SAT to 1910 although the cr and m stayed the same. Accepted! :)</p>

<p>Congratulations on your admission! You have excellent followup skills - very few people would have remembered a thread they started in October and taken the time to go back and update those who responded. That’s very impressive!</p>

<p>Thank you Illinoismom!</p>