Chances for Admission?

Demographics: upper middle class white male, OOS, extremely competitive high school

Academics:

UW GPA: 3.96, W GPA: 4.0+

ACT: 32 C (36 R, 33 E, 30 M, 30 S)

12 APs

Extracurriculars:
NHS, Mu Alpha Theta member
HOSA member
Research intern sr year
Shadowed at hospital all of jr year
300 hours volunteering at special needs camp

Employment:
Waiter for 4 months

Does not matter about your “extremely competitive HS”, you seem to be doing well with your opportunities. I assume you have many AP classes. UW takes into consideration what is available and will not penalize students without such options. You are expected to take advantage of what is offered, ie the more rigorous classes, and to do well in them.

Well I’ve got 12 APs and I’ve only ever had one B+ up until my senior midyear report where I got another. So all A’s through high school except for 2 B’s. Is GPA/course rigor the number one thing UW looks at?

UW reviews their applications holistically, so I’m not sure they do have anything that they would consider “number one” when it comes to stats or anything like that. While I was accepted with an ACT score of 27 as an in-state student, there have been out of state students with scores of 32 and above that have been denied. Especially on the threads that I looked through on this site for EA applications, there were many out of state kids with high stats that got deferred. It all depends on your overall application.

Hours spent during the school year are different than those spent during summers. I would assume you have mostly 5’s on AP exams so far, that your HS teaches the material so getting an A means you can get a 5 on an AP exam. There are teachers that do not teach AP well and students who get A’s only get a 3 on an AP exam so it does make a difference if you can show your school taught you well.

Do not dwell on college admissions. You can’t change your record. Instead, be sure to enjoy your final months in HS (while keeping up the grades).