Chances of getting in?

<p>White
Female
probably applying as political science major
3.6 weighted gpa (unweighted I believe is around a 3 but not sure) sat scores: math 620 reading 640 writing 610
virtually no extracurricular activities- jv sport 9 and 10 grade, red cross club one year.
college essays will probably not be the best, but should be decent</p>

<p>I can not really give you chances, but I do think your GPA is low compared to the typical applicant pool and may be the item that trips you up. </p>

<p>you know what I think you should have? Confidence! Make the best out of your essays! Just be personal and make yourself shine :)</p>

<p>As someone said before, the GPA is a bit below average. I’d suggest trying to raise that during your final months in HS. Your SAT is a bit above average. Extracurriculars would have been a big plus :frowning: and on the essays just try your best on them. It’s a chance to show them you deserve to be admitted!</p>

<p>In the long run I think you should be okay, depending on your strength of schedule. Don’t get frustrated if you get put on the wait list, though, many people from my area were and ended up going to VT.</p>

<p>you’re in. A guy from VT came to my school a couple months ago and said as long as you are in the 1170-1350 middle SAT range and have pretty good grades you are in. </p>

<p>I would recommend going on a program like Naviance if your school has it. I thought I didn’t have the grades for a lot of schools including Vtech but the average gpa for my school was just a 3.4. your gpa is a little low but it all depends on where you’re from</p>

<p>Don’t be surprised if you get on the wait list. I say this because I think your extracurriculars are rather low. I know many intelligent kids who were placed the wait list and eventually got in, so don’t feel to down on yourself if it happens. Would love to have you here, though! You’ll do great.</p>