President of National Honor Society
President of Spanish Club
Key Club
Math League
Stock Market Club
Tutor 5 hours a week
I have had a consistent job for 2 years now working 20 hours a week
Involved in school sports</p>

<p>Other than the fact that your out of state, you have pretty much the exact same credentials I have and I got in this year. You definately have a lot more activities than I had, and slightly better SAT scores. It would probably depend on what you wanted to major in, but I would say you are definately in. Just keep the grades up for first semester of senior year and definately apply early.</p>

<p>Probably not into engineering unless you raised your SAT up a smidge, into any other major though (other than caus of course). good luck!</p>

<p>you'll probably get in...i got in with a 3.2 GPA (even I'm surprised lol) and 1770 SAT scores (590 Math, 590 Reading, 590 Writing)..or 1180 if you just count math and reading...i am also a 2nd generation & out of state (FL)</p>

<p>brasilisnumba1 congratulations! It's a lot easier to get in from out of state than from Virginia or at least Northern Virginia; the cutoff seems to be 3.5 GPA and at least a 1250 SAT. I had a 3.42 GPA and 1320 SAT (30 ACT) and I was wailtlisted, which from Northern Virginia seems to be about right..... ugh! It's frustrating!!!</p>

<p>uh.... I highly doubt its easier to get in from oos considering they only take 30% of their class from oos...... It is difficult from northern VA but not as difficult as oos</p>

<p>No disrespect meant, I think PatM1401 has a great chance especially since he's from out of state</p>

<p>However, I respectfully disagree with you, if you are from NOVA it is more difficult to get in, no one from NOVA would get in with a 3.2 gpa and 1180 SAT, (There are a lot more applicants from Virginia versus the total out of state applicants.)</p>

<p>It's just the way it is, Tech doesn't want everyone from Fairfax County (Va's most populated county)</p>