Chances on getting accepted

<p>Senior girl from CA</p>

<p>GPA:3.33
SAT: 1740</p>

<p>3 years of language
2 APs
Lacrosse 4 years (captain)</p>

<p>Also applying to Washington State, San Diego State, Ole Miss, University of Tennessee, and more. </p>

<p>Any replies with my chances of getting in would be really helpful! Thanks.</p>

<p>100%, unless you committed a felony.</p>

<p>You’ll likely get accepted especially if you apply now…the app is already LIVE and online. Apply now and you’ll have your acceptance in about a month.</p>

<p>No fellonies! Never even a detention!</p>

<p>Thanks so much for the advice to apply early! Will do that right away!</p>

<p>Hope to see you on campus next Fall! Roll Tide!</p>

<p>I recently read that Bama rec’d about 4,000 more apps last fall then it did the year before. If this kind of growth in apps continues, the acceptance rate is going to fall drastically. I think it’s already in the 4X%</p>

<p>[University</a> of Alabama - GPA and Test Scores Needed for Admission to the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa](<a href=“http://collegeapps.about.com/od/GPA-SAT-ACT-Graphs/ss/university-of-alabama-admission-gpa-sat-act.htm]University”>University of Alabama: Acceptance Rate, SAT/ACT Scores, GPA)</p>

<p>True…but having those minimums is NOT a guarantee for admittance. Bama rejected over half of the frosh applicants this last year…and many/most met those qualifications.</p>

<p>I know UA is attracting a lot more higher-end stat kids because of scholarships, but is UA also continuing to grow at the ‘lower’ end, too? Are more lower-end stat kids applying to UA, just like growth in applying is at the higher end? WHO is getting rejected, exactly?! Are rejections being sentenced to just the lower-end students? </p>

<p>Does AL as a whole have a concerted effort to raise the education of its K-12 education, in order to meet a higher secondary ed standard? UA cannot rely solely on OOSs to raise itself - surely there must be some changes at the public school districts to address this. Does AL have a common core it is adopting, e.g.? Sorry if these are obvious questions…</p>

<p>K-12 education in AL isn’t consistent. The suburban schools are quite good. The rural and urban schools suffer, which can be true in most/all states. </p>

<p>AL’s PSAT cutoff is average…with about half the states having higher and half the states having lower cutoffs.</p>

<p>I too would love to see the apps of those who are rejected. The freshman classes are so much bigger than in the past, that it wouldn’t surprise me to see the same number of students with sub par scores. But, obviously, given the increasing average ACT and SAT, their percentage is in serious decline.</p>

<p>I will preface my statement by saying that the nation does not, and should not, turn to the state of Florida as a model of education. We are not known for our educated citizenry, lol.</p>

<p>In spite of Florida being known as a somewhat bonehead state, many seem to think that the University of Florida is a “public ivy.” There was recently an online article stating that it was a great buy and not far off from an Ivy League education. Gasp… The reality is that getting into the school is very tough, indeed. However, it seems to me that this is a result of finances. If a student has the Florida prepaid and earns the Bright Futures it makes sense financially to stay in state- and a vast majority do. It is tough to get into any state university in Florida, but yet they are not generating dollars, which has resulted in budget cuts year and year. I have a hard time believing that they are in a position to offer such a fabulous education.</p>

<p>I hope that UA is admitting students who might not be high stat, but self pay. Having the ability to be super selective is wonderful- but the Florida universities are proof that someone has to pay so that they can have a budget that is not constantly under attack.</p>

<p>I was accepted!</p>

<p>^^^Congratulations…Roll Tide</p>

<p>Yay!!!</p>

<p>I remember how exciting it is to have that acceptance in your pocket so early Senior Year!!!</p>

<p>Enjoy High School and all that being a Senior offers!!!</p>

<p>Roll Tide!!!</p>

<p>Congrats!</p>

<p>And Roll Tide, naturally-</p>

<p>Congrats! Be sure to join the FB page!</p>

<p><a href=“https://www.facebook.com/groups/1403116909903069/[/url]”>https://www.facebook.com/groups/1403116909903069/&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Congrats!!!</p>

<p>Floridamom brings up am interesting point. This has crossed my kind as well. UA seems to be giving out scholarships like they are printing money in the basement! It’s awesome for us, but are they going to be able to continue with these programs AND maintain/improve the school?</p>