Chances?

<p>I'm a rising in-state senior and I'm planning on applying ED for virginia tech. </p>

<p>GPA-4.0109(W)
my school doesn't calculate unweighted GPA but i'm guessing it would be around a 3.7</p>

<p>SATs: CR-520 Math-670 (1190/1600) Writ-630 (1820/2400)
Rank-58/340 (Top 18%) </p>

<p>Extra curriculars:
Senior class Treasurer
German club Treasurer
4 years of Football (2 varsity)
3 years of varsity indoor track
3 years of varsity outdoor track
National Honors society member
Junior Marshal
Honor court member</p>

<p>APs:
Junior year:Psych(3) EnglishComp(3)
Senior year: Gov and Environmental</p>

<p>If it makes any difference my GPA increased a huge amount my Junior year going from a 3.73 to a 4.01 and I recieved all A's and A+'s my junior year</p>

<p>Please give me feedback on what you think my chances are and also whether you think I should apply ED like im planning to, or re-take SAT and boost my GPA more. Thanks!</p>

<p>You are trending up in the gpa, so it does make a difference. The problem is your SAT is low. You need to re-take it, and if you can get it up 100 pts., your chances will increase. Tech is a stat driven school.</p>

<p>Positive, because you are so active yr after yr in ECs, and you have a good wgpa, the admissions can feel comfortable that the SAT scores are a test fear.</p>

<p>Negative: The AP’s that you chose to take are not the most rigorous offered, and they can say your wgpa is not competitive compared to a student that took APUSH, AP Lit, AP Lang, AP Bio, AP Calc. The rigor of your curriculum matters too.</p>

<p>Additionally where in VA are you from?</p>

<p>Thanks for the reply! And I live in central virginia.</p>

<p>I know I havn’t taken as many AP classes as I now wish that I could have, but all of the other classes I took (with the exception of gym my freshmen and sophmore year) were honor classes so I’m not too worried about the rigor of my curriculum. </p>

<p>I wasn’t sure if my SAT was high enough, but based on the info on vt.edu the mid50% for SAT was between 1160-1340, so that made me think I might be safe there. Do you think that it would be better for me to apply Early Decision to show Vt that I’m commited and that its my #1, or would you advise that I apply regular decision so I can take the SAT again?</p>

<p>Take the ACT as well. Some people just do better on one.</p>