Chem 104 to get in

If I fail chem 103 ( get an f ) can I still get into chem 104

Duplicate Post - Moderator can you please remove? Thanks!

You can enroll in Chem 104 but since 103 is a requisite for 104 as soon as your grades for the semester post the system will kick you out of 104.

Agree with above, PLUS you would not want to be in chem 104 after failing chem 103, that is just setting yourself up for a bad experience as the concepts build on each other. Talk with your advisor about the best path forward, which will probably require a retake of chem 103.

Have you tried getting extra help from the Chemistry Learning Center? At least use the online materials.

https://www.chem.wisc.edu/areas/clc/resource.htm#tony103

Ditto the do not attempt chem 104 without at least passing 103. Excellent chemistry department and you need the knowledge from a previous course to succeed in the next one. You need to figure out why you failed and address that issue. Perhaps you even need to rethink your major if you couldn’t pass chem 103. Or perhaps you underestimated the course and did not put in the effort to succeed. You can contact the department but I suspect repeating the course will be necessary.

btw- I did Chemistry with Honors at UW and keep getting my Badger Chemist. Over the years on CC I have heard how 103 can be as difficult as other courses (109, 115) because it is not a fluff course.