Chuy or any other VT student:

<p>How are the humanities at Tech? Obviously this isn't Tech's strong point (like engineering or such in which VT is one of the best).</p>

<p>I love everything about Tech. Everything I've read. Everything I've seen (I'm not far from Blacksburg and have been there many times).</p>

<p>I want to major in political science. Have you heard anything about their Political Science department?</p>

<p>Must say that I’m not qualified to answer this one; I skipped most of them and plan on using study abroad to cover areas 6+7. Other students on here should be able to help you out a lot more.</p>

<p>I haven’t asked around about departments other than the obvious ones, so all I really know of are a few popular professors and classes.</p>

<p>I really don’t know much about any of the humanities programs. Sorry.</p>

<p>Im an international studies major (which is part of the PoliSci dept). Obviously its not VT’s strong point. Its a smaller community. But that does offer some good things. For instance, I know my advisor really well. My engineering friends dont even know who their advisor is. The foreign language depts are also really good. I really like the profs. Some really interesting classes are offered.</p>

<p>Also, there are plenty of internship opportunities. The only thing is that if you want to work in DC you’ll have to do it over summer or something.</p>