***Class of 2014 National Achievement Qualifying Scores***

<h2>To be clear this is for the National Achievement Program, which is for African-American Students ONLY, not National Merit. That thread is here:<a href="http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/national-merit-scholarships/1427971-class-2014-nmsf-qualifying-scores.html%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/national-merit-scholarships/1427971-class-2014-nmsf-qualifying-scores.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/h2>

<p>New Thread for this years scores.</p>

<hr>

<p>The press release date for NA is 09/25, however NMSC does not release cutoffs for NA for whatever reason so we will never have official determinations. </p>

<p>Letters went out to guidance counselors and homeschool parents on Friday August 30th. </p>

<p>You can feel free to edit the list yourself. Or simply post your information and rely on others to edit it in.</p>

<ul>
<li><p>If you have been notified that you are NASF, post your score (and your state) if it is lower than the score already posted for your state. It will then become the lowest known qualifying score and be indicated as "<=".</p></li>
<li><p>If you have reliable knowledge of what the qualifying score for your state is (try asking whoever notifies you!), post it here, too. It will become the definitive cut-off score for your state indicated by "=".</p></li>
<li><p>Finally, if you know that you did not qualify and had a reasonably high score, it can also be useful to post your score as an example of the highest non-qualifying score. This can be indicated by ">=" </p></li>
</ul>

<p>Please note: Be conscientious as you post scores on this thread--it would be crushing to be led to believe you have made the cutoff by a post but actually haven't. But everyone should be tolerant of mistakes, too. This is an unofficial source of information derived from a collaborative process and is not, therefore, guaranteed.</p>

<p>National Achievement Regions</p>

<p>Regions
1: CT, DE, DC, ME, MD, MA, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI ,VT , VA
2: IL, IN, KY, MI, NC, OH, TN, WV, WI
3: Al, AR, FL, GA, LA, MS, SC
4: AK, AZ, CA, CO, HI, ID, IA, KS, MN, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, OK, OR, SD, TX, UT, WA, WY
5: Boarding schools and internationals </p>

<p>Regions 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 need to be finalized </p>

<p>1<=206 in MD (post #835 in NMSF thread)
2=?
3<=187 in MS (post #875 in NMSF thread )
4<=205(per guidance counselor post #171 other NA thread)
5=?</p>

<p>Outstanding participants(National)<=186(per lowest NASF Cutoff so far)</p>

<p>Is Outstanding Participant determined by region? NASF cutoff is not the same in each region</p>

<p>Are you certain letters went out to home school parents already?
If so, and I have not received anything by now, does that mean I have not placed as a semifinalist?</p>

<p>@bostonmom2 Commended for National Merit is national so I’m assuming Outstanding Participant is too </p>

<p>@DelboyandRodney The letters only went out Friday, the postal service is slow. Wait a few days, what is your score and region?</p>

<p>@yoskis, 198 in NJ. So Mid-atlantic</p>

<p>Anyone with scores today?</p>

<p>@delboyandrodney, my guess says you get NASF.</p>

<p>But today I was in the library and went up to the front desk to grab something I printed. I over heard a hall monitor librarian person say he’s a national merit semi finalist, I got immediately flustered and freaked out a little inside, I didn’t ask him about NA tho. That means the NM letters got there. I just want to know. If I got it great, if I didn’t good I don’t have to take the sat again. This process is soooo stressful. I want to ask my GC but I’m afraid to. If I don’t get pulled out of class in the next couple of days I might just wait until the press release date and call</p>

<p>Still no word here in IA with a 196, beginning to think I’m not going to get it</p>

<p>School only started here in NJ on Fri. Sept. 6 (because of Rosh Hashana,) so might take a while to hear from the guidance counselor. Many other schools here in North Jersey & NY don’t start until Mon. Sept. 9.
Very excited because DD scored 206…</p>

<p>Haven’t heard anything in Woodbridge, VA. Then again I moved recently from a different county but alerted my present counselor of my qualification and I gave him the letter I got back in May. I changed my information on college board weeks ago. I’m sitting here with a 188, could care less whether i get semi-finalist but I’d just really love more information. Good luck guys!</p>

<h2>I’m a semi-finalist in IA With a 196, relived but disappointed that I know I wont get past this stage. </h2>

<p>the press release date for NA is 09/25, however NMSC does not release cutoffs for NA for whatever reason so we will never have official determinations. </p>

<p>Letters went out to guidance counselors and homeschool parents on Friday August 30th. </p>

<p>You can feel free to edit the list yourself. Or simply post your information and rely on others to edit it in.</p>

<ul>
<li><p>If you have been notified that you are NASF, post your score (and your state) if it is lower than the score already posted for your state. It will then become the lowest known qualifying score and be indicated as “<=”.</p></li>
<li><p>If you have reliable knowledge of what the qualifying score for your state is (try asking whoever notifies you!), post it here, too. It will become the definitive cut-off score for your state indicated by “=”.</p></li>
<li><p>Finally, if you know that you did not qualify and had a reasonably high score, it can also be useful to post your score as an example of the highest non-qualifying score. This can be indicated by “>=” </p></li>
</ul>

<p>Please note: Be conscientious as you post scores on this thread–it would be crushing to be led to believe you have made the cutoff by a post but actually haven’t. But everyone should be tolerant of mistakes, too. This is an unofficial source of information derived from a collaborative process and is not, therefore, guaranteed.</p>

<p>Regions
4: AK, AZ, CA, CO, HI, ID, IA, KS, MN, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, OK, OR, SD, TX, UT, WA, WY

2=?
4<=196 in IA (post #10)
5=?</p>

<p>Outstanding participants(National)<=186(per lowest NASF Cutoff so far)</p>

<p>Letter in May? We never received one (my son has a 224 in PA so I’m pretty sure he would qualify).</p>

<p>Skipole…224! That is outstanding. At 224 your son should be a NA and National Merit semi finalist. That later is VERY good to have. Don’t know how it works when you are both. PA=217 for cutoff for National Merit from what another board says. If he does not hear from his counselor today or tomorrow, he should go talk to the office. You don’t want to miss out on National Merit (or NA) is qualified.</p>

<p>HSG</p>

<p>So my S scored 197 in CA. Does that mean he will qualify for National Achievement Semi-Finalist?</p>

<p>Any word on the scores for Regions 2 and 5? Seems as though they would be released by now since all NM scores have been released.</p>

<p>T</p>

<p>Note to Minnymom: Region 4: … CA, … and 4<=196 in IA (post #10)
So…looks like your S made it if the private postings on this board are accurate! Congrats to him!</p>

<p>@minnymom Yes, your S will qualify.</p>

<p>@taben1112 NMSC doesn’t release NA cutoffs to avoid controversy and the press release date is much later 9/25</p>

<p>It’s been almost two weeks now, I’m a home schooled student, and I still haven’t heard any information from NA, can I assume I didn’t make it?
198 in NJ.</p>

<p>198 Georgia</p>

<p>We’re in NJ and still no word.</p>

<p>207 Kentucky</p>

<p>Congrats everyone !</p>

<h2>Dont give up hope delboy</h2>

<p>the press release date for NA is 09/25, however NMSC does not release cutoffs for NA for whatever reason so we will never have official determinations. </p>

<ul>
<li><p>If you have been notified that you are NASF, post your score (and your state) if it is lower than the score already posted for your state. It will then become the lowest known qualifying score and be indicated as “<=”.</p></li>
<li><p>If you have reliable knowledge of what the qualifying score for your state is (try asking whoever notifies you!), post it here, too. It will become the definitive cut-off score for your state indicated by “=”.</p></li>
<li><p>Finally, if you know that you did not qualify and had a reasonably high score, it can also be useful to post your score as an example of the highest non-qualifying score. This can be indicated by “>=” </p></li>
</ul>

<p>Please note: Be conscientious as you post scores on this thread–it would be crushing to be led to believe you have made the cutoff by a post but actually haven’t. But everyone should be tolerant of mistakes, too. This is an unofficial source of information derived from a collaborative process and is not, therefore, guaranteed.</p>

<p>Regions

2<=207 in KY (post #19)
4<=196 in IA (post #10)
5=?</p>