***Class of 2014 National Achievement Qualifying Scores***

<p>Yea, the commended cutoff was the highest that its ever been this year for the Actual National Merit competition at 203, and the semifinalist cutoff for TX was also the highest that it has ever been. It’s a bit disappointing for me, but it basically just shows that scores are increasing.</p>

<p>I can’t believe that I’m just now receiving my letter on October 1 when it was dated August 30th… and I also can’t believe that I had to ask about it myself. Had I not known about the program, I probably wouldn’t have found out… especially because administration hadn’t even heard of it before. :l</p>

<p>But yes, definitely made SF with a 202 in CT.</p>

<p>Same for my D! When I asked the guidance counselor claimed to have not heard anything! Later that day it changed to “never mind, I have it.” When I stopped in the next day she hadn’t printed it out to review yet. SO dlad I called National Merit on my own for the scoop.</p>

<p>S school just notified us today about National Achievement Outstanding Participant. They wait until May Senior Awards to give it.</p>

<p>Correction: Today I’m filing away S’s college acceptances from 2010. With a 198 PSAT then a 2120 SAT, he received on March 2010 a letter for having been named a “Finalist in the 2010 National Achievement Scholarship Program.” He did NOT however receive any funds, just a certificate. Apparently out of the 1300 approximate finalists, only 800 receive funds. So you can be a finalist and just receive a certificate. I think because he got a full scholarship to Pitt and accepted it in February…we were not paying much attention by then.</p>

<p>Just received today October 8, the NA Outstanding Participant Certificate and letter from her school. Apparently your name gets sent to 1500 colleges and universities for that level (3%). Slow hippie high school… lol… Could have put that on all her early apps that have already gone in.</p>

<p>Congrats Washdcmom.</p>

<p>The lowest known outstanding participant score is now a 183</p>

<p>185 Semifinalist in MS</p>

<p>DD semi-finalist 195 Indiana!</p>

<p>181 Florida Outstanding Participant</p>

<p>198 PSAT- Semi-Finalist
2080 SAT- Finalist! :D</p>

<p>If I have already submitted my college applications, how should I notify them about the Finalist award? At the time, I was a semifinalist. </p>

<p>From Florida, btw </p>

<p>Good question! I suggested to my daughter she use it as an excuse to email all the admissions counselors who will be reading her apps. It’s a valid update!</p>