Class of 2020- Admission Status

@sjmaiklee Looking at your chances thread for another school, you don’t have a high enough reading score to qualify for academic admit (unless you took the ACT?) You will be a review admit. Are you applying to computer science at A&M as well? If so, I think from up thread an OOS student said they were in “engineering review” which I take to mean engineering is 75-85 percent full from those admitted to date. Your wait will depend on the strength of your application compared to others in engineering review. Your 800 math score is as good as it gets and if they see your subject test scores for math and physics, I think you’re in but it could be as late as mid-February of you are considered OOS and March if international.

If the rank says top quarter on the website, then that is what A&M thinks it is. Does your school really officially rank? Wonder why there wasn’t one in the document.

@gettingschooled
Thanks for the reply

I know
I just need 60 more points

Yes I’m applying to computer science as well

The rank is clearly indicates on the transcripts
Maybe they didn’t see it? Or I attended an international high school so they recalculated

When did you apply? mid october
When did you get your UIN? less than 2 days after applying
When did you receive your admission decision? mid november
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review? auto
Major/College of Choice? Did you get in? biomedical sciences accepted
Honors program? I completed the online portion but it says we have to apply for housing?
Stats: 2200 sat, top 8%, 3.7 unweighted, 4.4 weighted

When did you apply: 10/28/15
When did you get your UIN: 10/31/15
When did you receive your admission decision: 11/11/15
Automatic Admit
Major/College: Early Childhood Education Bilingual Generalist (School of Education and Human Development)
Honors program: Nope
Stats… Top 1% @ Texas Public School, 30 ACT, 1290 SAT (R+M)

Applied 8/1
SAT 1440 (math/reading composite), ACT 31
2nd quartile assigned, non ranking school
Review candidate
Admitted 12/3 into Mays Business!

When did you apply? November 1
When did you get your UIN? November 15 ( Technical difficulties they said).
When did you receive your admission decision? December 3
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review? Auto admit
Major/College of Choice? Did you get in? Dwight look college of engineering with major as petroleum and electrical
Honors program? No
Stats…
Took both SAT and ACT
Sat - 740 CR , 670 W and 780 M
ACT - 34E, 35M. 32 Reading and 36 Science with 33 english composite (34 and 10 essay). 34 overall
ranked 28/468 unweighted is 3.94
Took 2 AP test so far US gov and politics 5 AP Calc 5; full IB (ITGS 7)

EC are terrible (because clubs and activities are very boring) -
Robotics
JROTC
NRA national semi finalist
Eagle Scout
Bee Keeping
350+volunteer hours
Will join the Corps of Cadets!!

Applied 11/16
Received UIN 11/19
Review Applicant
In-State
Haven’t heard back yet
Major is Aerospace Engineering

SAT: 1730; 560 reading, 610 math, 560 writing
ACT: 27; 24 english, 28 math, 31 reading, 23 science, 30 writing
Ranked top 25% by TAMU
GPA: 3.9 (weighted) on 4.0 scale

National Honor Society
Water Polo/Swimming (captain)
Chemistry Club (Secretary)
Feminist Club (Historian)
Student Activity Board (elected by principals and staff)
100+ hours of volunteering

I haven’t heard back and read that I possibly won’t until February. Has anyone (with similar info) heard back sooner? If so how long did it take? Is it possible with my stats I will find out sooner? Thanks y’all and gig’em!

My son was accepted! He is thrilled, we are excited for him, and we hope many of you waiting also receive positive decisions!
When did you apply: 9/25/15
When did you get your UIN: a couple of days later
When did you receive your admission decision: 12/3/15
In-state
Holistic review candidate
Major/College: Construction Science (School of Architecture)
Honors program: No
Stats… 3.85 unweighted GPA, 4.11 weighted GPA, 1920 SAT (670 M, 650 CR, 600 W)
Rank: top 25.8% at a very competitive Houston area high school (So he missed academic admission by 0.4%, as they count up to the top 25.4%)
Pretty good extracurriculars and volunteer experience, excellent letters of recommendation
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

I received the ‘Directory Information’ email from the admission department, but haven’t been admitted yet (it is so agonizing!!!). Is that a good sign, or is that an automatic email sent out because I applied for scholarships…??

@ptrckrggs I think everyone who applied got the “Directory Information” email. Sorry, but best of luck to you!

Question: Doe anyone know how long does it usually take after being accepted and then having 4 tabs on your Howdy page? My D was accepted on 12/3, has accepted admission, applied for NSC and housing but still only has 2 tabs.

Only missing parts of my application were the transcript/class rank,and I asked my counselor and she said she sent them (around the beginning of December) but they are aren’t even showing up as received on AIS? I spent a lot of time on my application and I’m wondering if I should contact admissions or my counselor again or something else, idk

(OOS applicant)

AIS said that they were having trouble processing all of the transcripts from the beginning of December @tigerbomb05

@tigerbomb05 looks like they are only up to 11/23 as far as processing transcripts so I wouldn’t worry as long as you sent them on on time.

@tigerbomb05 I would contact admissions since you do not use the same system as in-state transcripts. Did you send a document ID sheet with it? Or put your UIN number on it?

@AGmomx2

Not sure if I remember what the document ID sheet is but I kind of remember putting my UIN down somewhere?

Here’s the sheet http://admissions.tamu.edu/pdfs/Doc_ID_Sheets.aspx, do call and ask to make sure. OOS can only send their transcripts through the mail, in-state can send them electronically. It doesn’t hurt to check.

Do we have to pay the $50 application fee for Corps housing?

How long does it take to get your acceptance letter vs. When AIS told you?

When did you apply: 10/31/15 ( wasn’t going to apply at first but I decided I needed more safety schools and applied here last minute )
When did you get your UIN: 11/7/15
When did you receive your admission decision: 12/8/15
Academic Auto Admit
Major/College: Mays Business
Honors program: Nope, lazy as hell.
Stats… Top 10%, Top Public Texas HS, 2230 SAT, 33 ACT