Class of 2020- Admission Status

Interesting thusker. A&M received my transcripts on the 12th, and everything is complete but my rank. You have a better GPA than me (I have a 3.83) but I have a marginally better ACT at 31. I attended a competitive prep school that does not rank so I’m really hoping they’ll rank me in the top 25% so I’m an auto admit, as TAMU is my first choice.

Received my rank this morning, 1st quarter! So excited, good luck to everyone!

Congratulations! Now we wait… :-S

How long does it typically take for your status to say accepted or whatever? Im auto admit and applied august 14.

I think I have read somewhere that the first round of auto admit acceptances will be notified mid-September. So next two weeks. I will look for it, but I think it may have been on the Aggie Bound Twitter.

Here it is:

https://twitter.com/aggie_bound/status/639255198217707524

How does getting admitted work for TAMU if you are auto? Do the colleges just fill up mostly on rolling admissions? Because i applied for engineering, and I’m not sure if its holistic or based on rolling. Oh, and how does it work for UT? is it similar?

A&M is first come first serve for majors.

If you are auto and applied early, you should get what you wanted. I was told by an admission officer that auto admits who apply late do not always get their first choice. He really did not say what late meant but I took it to mean November.

UT is based on a combination of a formula for academics (rank and test scores) and a more holistic personal achievement index. Search for “academic index” in the UT forum for the link to the few public documents that discuss the UT formulas.

When will automatic admits be able to apply for housing? And does scholarship information come with your letter of acceptance, or at a later date?

As soon as you are admitted you may apply for housing FAQ 1:

https://reslife.tamu.edu/faq/reshalls/applications

If you do not apply within 30 days from admission, you lose the freshman priority status FAQ 6.

You should apply for housing and pay the fee as soon as you are admitted.

According to the Financial Aid and Scholarships office Facebook page: freshman merit scholarships are sent out early February. Need based aid later in the spring.

I thought I just might chime in.
Application Completed: 8/1
UIN Received: 8/5
Admission Decision: 0
Review Level: Auto
Major: Nuclear Engineering
Honors: I’ll apply once I’m admitted.
Stats: 4.0 GPA
SAT - 800 M, 700 CR, 610 W (1500, 2110)
ACT - 34 M, 36 S, 33 R, 24 E (32)
Top 2% and not too many EC’s.

P.S. I plan on joining the Corps, I am curious to see how many of you are as well.

My older daughter was admitted September 11, 2013 after submitting her application August 1st. I expect an acceptance for daughter number 2 any day now. Hopefully by Friday. They ranked her top 25 percent within a few days of having her transcript. SAT 2200. 1480 reading and math.

I hope you are right, @Dallas14. Last year, A&M processed the first round of auto admits on September 19- a week later than the year before. I am hoping they go back to the old schedule to get this wait over with.

Well I’m thinking that it might be next week before we know anything. Has Howdy changed for anyone yet? I know last year, 2 extra tabs were starting to appear about now. Mine is the same.

Just two right now.

So a&m typically does it around mid September. what about ut?

@crazierussia UT is more complicated. You will get much better answers in the UT forum.

Has anyone gotten their admission letters who are auto-admit?

AIS still shows my S application in review. If you read up a few posts, we were hoping to get news yesterday but now we think - this week. AggieBound says mid-September.