Class of 2020- Admission Status

@GustafAngus @proudamerican @VV2016 Does the quarter represent your class rank? I just have my rank there xx/900

@russiaguy My daughters rank showed up as 3/234 because her school still ranks numerically. I think if your school does not rank, A&M will assign you a rank but it will be a percentage instead of exact. For example, top 25%.

@GustafAngus I am also from unranked school and was placed in second quarter. In September before I had my rank assigned, I was told that 27% is a lot better than 47%. With only 2nd Q showing I wondered if they would know more than the quarter. My counselor said I probably “just missed” 1st Q. I called admissions about a month ago and they also confirmed I “just missed” 1Q. They have a program they run based on what your HS sends. They told me that even though AIS says 2nd Q, admissions has a number. They did not tell me my number but knowing that I’m close keeps me hopeful. I am not Engineering so I don’t have the Engineering Review to worry about. My sister got full admission to TAMU in February a few years ago but missed out on College of Business. At least Engineering saves some spots. Good luck!

I applied mid October and wasn’t an auto-admit and I just found out I got accepeted! I’m super excited! I’m majoring in History!

Hi, I am in-state, and am auto-admit into A&M. I submitted my application (both Engineering majors) around the last week of November, and heard back about a week and a half later: I’ve been placed into Engineering Review. On TAMU’s website, this review will supposedly be taking place in “late January”, so I’m assuming I’ll hear back by the first week of February, hopefully earlier.

I was just wondering if anyone knew/had an idea of the selection threshold, in terms of SAT/ACT scores, class rank/GPA, ECs, etc.? Thanks.

I applied August 21st, and my app was “complete and in review” by early september. (COMM major)
My scores are not the best - SAT reading 560 math 520 writing 530 and 26 ACT composite. 2nd quartile ranking…
I am captain of my school’s speech team and a theatre officer, among other clubs. I still haven’t heard back… Should I give up any hopes of being accepted if I haven’t heard back by now?

@summernicoleh I would not give up hope. I’m second quarter and I haven’t given up hope. I think it matters where you are in second quarter though. Close to 1st Q.? Have good essays? I think now is when holistic really matters.

@suprstar16 Did your AIS or Howdy change first? I had heard they only updated on Tuesday and Thursday nights so I was wondering when you saw your good news.

You will hear eventually. If you are not admitted fully or denied, A limited number of applicants may be offered provisional admission that requires the successful completion of a summer school program at Texas A&M. In addition, some applicants may be considered for the Texas A&M Blinn TEAM Program , Texas A&M Engineering Academy at Blinn-Bryan, or participation in the Program for System Admission… You won’t be left in limbo and wondering. Decisions will continue to be made through March, so late January is hardly time to worry.

@hoping4admit My daughters AIS updated at least a week before Howdy. But I’ve seen posts about the other way around. Watch both.

Are the 4 howdy tabs 2 more tabs next to the Home and Applicant tab at the top right of the page? Sorry, kind confused xD

I I believe so. Do you have 4 tabs???

Is the Feb. 14th date for engineering and review admit decisions a legit date or just a rumor?

I know most everyone on here is talking about Engineering, but has anyone on here (or do you know anyone) been admitted to the Mays Business program? Does anyone know if they are almost full?

@ac791923 - I’ve heard Mays was full and that McCombs School of Business at UT is not full yet. I thought that was interesting…

About a 2 weeks ago, I was told by a live CS admissions employee (not the ask an Aggie live chat) that they were “on track” to have “almost all” decisions done by Feb 12, however the “official” date is still mid to late March. Last year I believe most (not all) full admissions were given by the end of the first week of February and that many (not all) Blinn offers were the second week with a batch of PSA / rejection letters on Friday Feb 13. A few full admissions were as late as March I have read. I would assume that the Engineering review would occur along with that process as well, however AIS states Engineering review is “late January” so maybe it will be a little earlier.

It has been posted by aggiebound that it will be mid February

Majors at A&M are filled differently than UT.
TAMU has rolling admissions and admits people to business and engineering majors as they go until they reach a percentage of capacity then the rest are review admissions.

Not so at UT. Auto admits to UT are not automatically accepted to a major (unlike TAMU). Every applicant into UT colleges is holistically reviewed. UT decisions are released in waves. Auto admits to UT as well as not auto will receive their decisions in the next wave or it could be the last wave, where as the TAMU auto admits know their majors when accepted (at least engineering and possibly Mays).
Therefore, that is how TAMU Mays and Look colleges are full except review candidates and UT isn’t.

If anyone has younger brothers / sisters / children, engineering review changes next year
“Freshman Engineering Admissions for Fall 2017
Due to the continued increase of competitive applications, the Texas A&M College of Engineering is moving to a total holistic review process beginning August 2016. This new policy applies to all applications to engineering, including Texas A&M automatic admits.”

https://engineering.tamu.edu/easa/areas/recruitment/fall-2017-admissions

Link to new admission policy that @hoping4admit posted