Class of 2020- Admission Status

Mays just fills to 100% by rolling admissions. However like engineering, you are admitted to general Business Administration and apply later for specific majors. It use to be after taking 30 specific lower division units, but now it is less units to apply. In the past, it has not been competitive - but I also think that when you take every major’s lower division first, you really carve out a path that dictates which major is really for you and people apply where they excel.

@MJS0407 no, I do not have 4 tabs.

Any word on when the next wave of decisions should be heard?

@gigemgirl13

I don’t have a precise date, but I was told from talking to the aggie counsellors office that the updates occur overnight on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. So you should see the results Wednesday and Friday morning.

Re Mays post, my son was admitted as a review admit approximately two weeks ago. His first choice was Mays and second Ecomomics. His admission was for Economics unfortunately and he was not admitted into Mays.

Has anyone been accepted into the Gateway program yet or have they not released that form of admission yet?

@laurenestelle13 My application changed to summer 2016 in Howdy today. Still 2 tabs. Still under review in both Howdy and AIS. Maybe I am being considered for Gateway? Check your application status in Howdy.

@laurenestelle13 If I can ask, what is your rank and scores and major?

My school doesn’t rank so I was ranked in the second quarter. My ACT score is 27 and my major was biomedical sciences

I got in for my second choice major last week. Does anyone have any idea as to when they are releasing scholarships/ OOS tuition waivers?

@hkian9 school scholarships start coming out in February after the acceptance deadline, and go a few months into the summer or later

@hkian9 What major did you get? What was your first choice?

@Aggiehouston Do you mind posting your son’s class rank, SAT/ACT scores, etc?

I talked to an admissions counselor this afternoon and he told me mays business filled up in mid November. However, he also told me if someone declared economics or agbusiness for the first year the classes would be about the same as Mays.

My daughter’s first choice major is Business, so if Mays Business school filled up in November that means she wont be accepted into the Business program at A&M? On AIS it still states Fall 2016 and that Business is her major. Shouldn’t AIS change to show her second major if she isn’t getting into business?

@Aggiehouston5 I got admitted for Environmental Geoscience, my first choice was Petroleum Engineering…

I believe they only change your major when you are admitted and your major is not available.

has there been a Facebook group created for those who were admitted

@bigPapa9898 Yes, search on Texas A & M Class of 2020. There are also numerous chats through GroupMe. PM me if you have any questions.

Can anyone offer insight on this? I have the same questions about the Mays admissions process.