Class of 2020- Admission Status

I got Gateway 1/27. Howdy changed term to summer term at about 2 am on a Wed… AIS updated at 3 am on a Friday. I have the general impression that they might still be admitting to Gateway, but total will only be about 600-700.

@denmama123 My daughter’s first choice was Business. I called Admissions and they told me Business is full. We are very sad, but there’s nothing we can do about it.

@CollegeMama987 I was a holistic review candidate and found out January 20th. I didn’t apply to a really popular and competitive major though.

so my ais has finally changed from being computer engineering BS to general engineering BAC. Can someone tell me what this means? What does BAC stand for

BAC is bachelors degree. I think you are admitted to engineering somewhere. Do you have a preference in parentheses? Like general engineering (comp engr) I think that means full. Hope you get good news and a clear answer overnight!

@proudamerican Be sure to look at both Howdy (applicant tab) and at AIS for updates.

@hoping4admit it doesn’t say comp engr so i guess i wont be a full admit

@hoping4admit also i just checked my manage application tab and it states BAC-ENGE-GV any idea what that means?

@proudamerican If GV is under college, I think that is Galveston. I applied to the Galveston campus separately so I have two drop downs on AIS. See if you have two entries at the top under application.

Just got accepted into TAMU- Galveston and Blinn through Engineering Review :frowning:

Major: Engineering (Civil and Biomedical)
SAT: 1370/ 1600
1st Quarter

Good luck to everyone else getting their decisions.

Howdy just changed to Application Status: Under Review Level : Undergraduate Major: TEAB Program: BAC-TEAM-EB

Can someone explain this please?

TEAB is TAMU Engineering Academy at Blinn.

Got 4 tabs on Howdy today !!! (My record, my finances) this means I got in right everyone??

It still says under review though, and GV for Galveston, I want college station :frowning:

On the Admissions twitter page, someone asked if biochemistry was full. Admissions replied: “Check request a change a major option in AIS. If you see it, it’s still open.” Possibly a way to look and see if your 1st choice is full or not.

I just looked into changing major to see what I could see. I had to go through howdy portal. When I did, they have an agreement which says if you proceed, your first major choice may be full and you wouldn’t be able to enter it and therefore, may lose that choice so I didn’t go any further. I really just wanted to see if it was full or not. Visualization and psych are 1st and 2nd choices.

Congrats to everyone seeing changes! When they mail a letter, it should be in AIS communications. If you get something other than full, resist the urge to immediately hit reject. . I’m not saying you should take the alternate path, just wait & don’t decide until after your immediate high of seeing AIS change after months of waiting and then your possible low of seeing it not be a full admit. After 2 weeks, I am more sane.

Are engineering at Blinn and BlinnTEAM different? I’m not Engineering and I feel everyone who saw changes were.

When I checked Howdy this morning it used to say BAC for business, now it says BAUD for major and BAC-BUAD for program. Does anybody know what this means? Is this a good sign?

Yeah I don’t usually check Howdy, but it says right now ECON for major and BA-ECON for program. I do not know if this is a change or not or if this is how it would change if I was on the verge of good news. I applied for Galveston a while back so I have had 4 tabs for a while.