Class of 2020- Admission Status

People keep us posted with scholarship offers if you’ll are offered any. Also share stats please.

Also when does corps of Cadets start sending its decisions?

Very similar things are happening to me. My AIS link has disappeared from my Howdy’s applicant tab in the Admissions box. I have to access AIS from the website. Does anyone use the “new” Howdy? The only difference I see is that you have a 3rd tab “My Howdy”

Edit: Now I see in the “Applicant News” box that I can access AIS.

@heeyitsshae The mean ACT for students in the 2Q for the College of Science was 30.

http://dars.tamu.edu/Data-and-Reports/Student/files/F14-Norm-Book.aspx

@niccidoe my sons AIS Tab disappeared from his Howdy page, in the top left-hand corner, when he gained his other two tabs. We now access it by going to “applicant news”. box. I don’t know if others did this- but it happened this weekend for my S.

Thanks @Onelastchance I see the link now in the Applicant News box. This change occurred this weekend but I haven’t received any new tabs or any other changes for that matter! I’m glad my major hasn’t changed, but when I see that it had changed for others, it always means good news!

Btw, does anyone know what AIS actually says when you’re rejected and offered nothing? I ask, because sometimes status portals will stay in the same state and then suddenly you’ll receive a letter in the mail with the “Thank you for your interest in ___ but…” (My sister had one of these shockers. Her portal never updated and then when the reported deadline for decisions came, it never changed)

I was admitted late January and have had 4 tabs for a couple of weeks. For me, on New Howdy, AIS is still in the upper left corner under admissions. As @Onelastchance said, AIS is now under applicant news in the middle on “old” howdy after being admitted (or maybe everybody’s moved this weekend?). What I was talking about before was on old Howdy while changes were happening to my status (2 tabs), I had some wonky stuff happen with AIS and manage applications. Could be coincidence, could be they are updating.

@niccidoe when I talked to admissions, they told me no matter what the decision is, they will tell you on AIS. Rejection will show on there.

My howdy portal major just changed to team. Is this a good sign that I’ll receive blinn team tonight?

Glad to see some updates. My daughter’s AIS tab disappeared over the weekend, but it’s under applicant news now. No changes other than that, but was unable to get into her manage application tab earlier. Hoping for good news!

@nhoff22 congrats on the change! Sounds like you will be hearing soon. Can you post your stats again?

@MJS0407
I applied the first week of August, all documents were accounted for by 8/28
I attend a small private school that doesn’t rank but my gpa was 97.8 unweighted and 101 weighted. I was placed in first quarter by a&m.
I received a 30 on my act but only scored a 24 on the math section and needed a 27 to be considered automatic.
I took 5 AP classes and was a AP scholar with honor.
I was involved in band all through high school, competitive track and swim, president of our student leadership organization, and worked a part time job.

@nhoff22 It took mine 3 days to update in all spots. I recall it was Howdy major first, AIS major next ( still under review) Finally accepted in AIS with a decision letter in communications. Some changes were in the daytime, but I think AIS and Howdy synch on Tuesday and Thursday nights.

Is it taking anyone else like 30 minutes to log into howdy?

Nhoff22- Yes! You got Blinn Team! Congrats!

@MJS0407
When did you apply? 11-30-15
When did you get your UIN? 12-2-15
When did you receive your admission decision? 2-13-16
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review?- Review
Major/College of Choice? Did you get in?- I requested Political Science but my major was changed to General Studies as part of the conditions of Blinn Team.
Honors program?-N/A
Stats…-

SAT- 1220 (CR+M),
Class Rank- 69/526
GPA- was calculated as 96.698

Extracurricular stuff- Policy Debate, Yearbook, Academic Decathlon( 3 years), Theatre(Freshmen and Sophomore Year)

@hoping4admit do you remember the sequence afterwards, when the 3rd and 4th tab showed up? In regards to the next step. It was Saturday when the Records and Finance tab showed up, wondering how long typically for the next sign. If any.

@Onelastchance my records and finance tabs showed up about a week after howdy said Whoop! you are admitted.
So mine was 1. change term Howdy (summer because of gateway) still review 2 change major general studies Howdy (still review), 3 change major general studies AIS (still review), whole new drop down screen for change in term 4. admitted AIS with letter in communications, 5. Whoop / admitted in Howdy, 6. 4 tabs ( several days after first sign) I think I have that right. It was a week at least of it changing. I think the order may be different because there are some things I think they change in the daytime and some things that connect overnight ( maybe just Tues and Thurs night) and Gateway has a change of term in it too. I think once one thing changes you can count on it to be true. I know last year that is what admissions said.

My son’s Howdy now says BAC Team. That’s Blinn Team, right? About how long until he gets the old fashioned letter in the mail? When can he apply for housing? He’s my oldest so trying to figure it all out.

Letter should be in Communications on AIS. Will come snail mail too. Mine took 5 days in Texas. LOL Apply for housing on Howdy as soon as it will let you. I had to wait a day between AIS saying admitted and Howdy saying admitted, but if you have Howdy you should be ok. Yes BAC is Bachelors degree and TEAM is Blinn Team.

Anyone else about to lose their shit with anxiety?? No?? Just me??

When you all click on the applicant tab and select the manage applications what do you get? We used to get his degree choice and it said under review. Now we get an error message. I have a bad feeling…