Class of 2020- Admission Status

@corpmammawannabe mine did that earlier as well. Came back up after about 2 hours and nothing had changed on howdy

Thank you for the stats guys!

@gigemgirl13 you’re not the only one! I’m checking it constantly and my daughter isn’t even looking. It’s excruciating having to wait like this.

@corpmammawannabe my daughters did that this afternoon and it’s fine now. Nothing has changed on howdy.

Congrats to @NotRobertDeNiro & @nhoff22! The wait has been excruciating to say the least. Take Blinn TEAM and run with it… I know I will if I get the offer. You can save on tuition and live on or just off campus – the building is just 5mi down the street!

Congrats to @NotRobertDeNiro, @nhoff22 and @Lynn2020 ! That’s wonderful!. After the 4 tabs all appeared on Saturday, and the anxious wait…the acceptance was for Galveston, just learned . My son applied to Galv as a backup on 1/25… But has been hopeful for a Blinn Team spot all along (applied TAMU 9/15). I hope we didn’t hurt his chances for a Blinn team spot… By applying at Galv. Only after we applied at Galv, and it showed up on the same UIN number did we realize they were interconnected on the same file. Fingers crossed a Team offer still comes. Has anyone else heard of anyone applying to both campuses and were able to be considered for both?

My DS was accepted into the Engineering school at Galveston. He was notified by snail mail on Saturday. It seems like this is a new program that has engineering majors start at Galveston and then move to College Station. Anyone else accepted for this program?

After a VERY long wait it looks like my daughter was offered blinn team… She applied August 3. Glad to finally have an answer so she can decide what she wants to do.

@Onelastchance I applied (and got accepted). GV. I was offered Gateway. I don’t think it hurts your chances.

I never applied to Galveston but still says GV at the end of major on Howdy, under review

Thanks @hoping4admit We will hold out this week. Thanks for confirming- at least I now know someone else that got offered to both campuses. Fingers crossed. Gonna be a long week. Ugh.

I tried to click manage applications in the applicant tab of howdy and it’s saying “system error”. Does that mean they’re updating mine right now?!?

Mine has been like that since last night??? Anyone know what that means?

I had trouble logging in yesterday, but never received an error message. Later I was able to log in but nothing had changed. I think all us will have trouble logging in even when other people are getting their portals updated. As far as your error messages, I’m not sure what that means. It sounds like it’s updating your major to something. At least you know they’re fiddling with your stuff!! As for me… I’m totally being ignored :frowning:

@niccidoe. I have to believe they will offer you something. Your application is strong. If you met with someone in your department (advisor?) I would send them a short email. Remind them how far you came to visit and really want to attend. They may not be able to influence the outcome, but they might be able to check. You might not get info, but you might.

I’m glad you’re so encouraging @hoping4admit! At first I thought the hold out was because I was OOS, but I’ve been assured that admission doesn’t hold that against an applicant. Everyone at A&M was very careful not to discuss admission other than, “Oh great! you’re waiting on your decision! Good luck!”

So, any conversation would have been somewhat awkward. I’ve been in touch with the head of Sociology. We’ve exchanged a few emails about the Legal Studies and Criminology tracks. But I feel discussing admission is overstepping the boundaries.

I’m kinda getting used to a “no” and peeking in on TCU again. My deferral decision should be in a week or two, so I’m (reluctantly) getting used to visioning myself among the Frogs (ugh). I want to be in Texas, so other places like U Denver and Villanova are too cold and SMU and UMiami didn’t offer the presidential merit. It’s weird how the place you really want isn’t most likely an option!

Curious though about Blinn TEAM stats… it seems they’re all over the place.

Oh, and as far as going to UT, not interested at all. Unlike the rest of the state of Texas, I don’t like Austin. The geographics are beautiful, but I’ll leave it at that.

If it says BAC TEAM does that mean Blinn Team? Does that mean I have been denied from A&M?

@elisenicole57. Sounds like you’re being offered Blinn team

Anyone else waiting for ANY changes to howdy or AIS? It’s excruciating. I’ve checked every hour for weeks now.

It’s Tuesday and usually things change on Tuesday and Thursday nights. I’m hoping for lots of good news for everyone and especially for you @niccidoe. You seem like you will make a great Aggie ( still thinking positive)

I have news! My major changed to BAC TEAM! Nothing else has changed yet, so I’ll wait to what else is in store. But THANK GOODNESS things are changing!! I’m getting closer to going to A&M!!! Yay!!

Applied 11/07
ACT/SAT 28/1920
CLA/PreLaw
1st Q
All 3 Essays
2 Recs
Debate (4yrs; Captain 2yrs)
Community Service/Volunteer/School Travel & Exchange Program