Class of 2020- Admission Status

My howdy changed to BACTEAM and TEAM earlier today. Just waiting on AIS to change!

@laurenestelle13 @Brew77g
YAY and congrats!

Has anyone heard about any flat out rejections yet? Also, I noticed as of a few hours ago I can no longer find the “change my major” tab on Howdy? Does anyone know if this means anything (good or bad)?

@hoping4admit thanks for the information!

It seems that I cannot change my major either. Earlier, I had that option. I wonder what it means.

My son got PSA which in his mind is a rejection. It is surprising and very upsetting to us, but he has been wearing his OSU shirt for about a week. I think he knew it was coming It boggles my mind that they would reject him, but of course a mom feels that way. We feel like it was a complete waste of our time and hopes honestly. I would not encourage anyone in the 2nd quartile (even if they have a 31 ACT) to get their hopes up. I think it has become incredibly competitive. He was the perfect guy for the Corp and expressed a strong interest. Its just sad.

I am still under review (unfortunately). A lot of people are getting BLINN TEAM and PSA over the past couple of days . I feel like that is a bad sign for me. I check every hour. Last time i checked on Howdy Portal I no longer have the option to “change major”… I don’t know what to think about that… Does this mean an update is coming tonight? Anyone have similar story or experience? I am sick with nerves… Though I know I probably will get rejected.

This may have happened for everyone? My sons has also disappeared.

Nahh I still have the option to change mine. @seaster07

Well, something certainly happened if there are various people who no longer have access to that button. I guess we’ll find out soon enough.

I read a while back that howdy will update at 11pm. Not sure how accurate that is but my son is going to wait up to see.

My daughter was offered PSA today. She has been in tears since, but we keep telling her she did her part. It’s very difficult as a parent and I’m not sure what she’s going to do at this point. She may do the PTA and go to Blinn for a year and transfer since that’s guaranteed admission. She is not interested in any of the system schools so I really don’t think that’s an option for her. She had strong stats and was right on that edge of top 25%, but it just wasn’t enough. Congratulations to all of you who got Blinn Team and full admit!

@missionary2020 @seaster07 @liberalguy97 FYI…her option to change major disappeared on Monday. Nothing else changed in Howdy or AIS. Howdy still hasn’t changed and says under review, but AIS updated and says you have been offered PSA. Watch both because I thought Howdy would update before AIS, but didn’t in our case. Good luck to all of you still waiting. Prayers going up for good news!!!

I was ranked 2nd quarter and found out today. No one should give up hope! @corpmammawannabe

No change of whatsoever nature on my S My Howdy or AIS page

@macyfidler I’ve wondered the same thing.

Just hopped on here, about 9pm my S’s “change major” also disappeared. Oh dear. This is so nerve racking. What was everyone’s major, who lost this tab tonight. His 1st choice was Horticulture, 2nd lib Arts. @laurenestelle13 did you notice if you’d lost that “change major” tab bf you got accepted, and Congrats to you!

@Onelastchance my daughter’s major was liberal arts for 1st and 2nd. She lost her change major tab before she was offered anything and was still I review.

@MJS0407 thanks. I was curious what everyone’s major choice was. I’m sorry this is hard on your daughter. It’s hard on all of these kiddos. This process is just so mentally exhausting. And crazy competitive. My son was accepted to Galv earlier this week. He’s holding out for a Blinn Team, like everyone. Oh mercy. I almost dread tomorrow now.

Congrats everyone…
@ccook25 anything new with you? I’m still stuck in review :smiley:

Nothing new…