Class of 2023 Nursing Admissions

Hi @readthetealeaves
SAT: 1490 (single test)
GPA: 3.98
California
Female

Which nursing program is better Farfield or UConn?

@Enavance Thanks for sharing your stats!

@our4kds Is merit a factor? How much did you get at each? If not, are you going on reputation alone? Are you in CT?
I think people will chime in once we have that info

Merit is a factor to a degree, UConn letter has not arrived yet but is coming today. Received 25k merit and honors at Farfield, I’m just not sure which program is better. I realize they are very different schools that’s why I am specifically asking about the nursing program.
OOS

@our4kds - very different schools and probably worth a visit. Fairfield is a really great suburban town - you can get into the NYC pretty easily. Nice campus. Small. Very well regarded nursing school. UConn as the CT State school brings scale and dynamics of bigger school. Very well regarded. Can you visit?

SAT: 1360
ACT: Did not take
GPA: 3.80
State Residency: PA
Ethnicity: White

School: Clemson University
Direct or Pre-Nursing: Direct
Applied date: 08/01/18
Decision date: 02/15/19
Decision/College: CLEMSON

Anything else you want to add: We are positively overjoyed that our daughter will be a Clemson Tiger!!! She was also admitted and given a generous scholarship to University of Alabama and was wait listed at Penn State University Park.

Compare the SIM lab facilities at UCONN and Fairfield as well as what the hours are. Do students have to provide their own transportation to clinical locations? Storrs is pretty isolated and clinical settings may be a distance from campus. Both have similar NCLEX first time pass rates. Fairfield is smaller in physical size and number of students. UCONN has Greek life. Fairfield operates under the Jesuit tradition and mission. Two very different schools. Have you visited both?

On another thread, someone just posted they got into SDSU nursing. I am not telling my daughter to check until she gets home from school. She wants to go to APU…but I am still hoping for SDSU.

Congrats to the daughter of @4n2yrs on her Clemson nursing admit! Nice work and a great school

@EngTchrMom thanks for the heads up for all those people applying to San Diego State Direct Nursing

@normanfeng Congratulations on your acceptance to SDSU direct nursing!

@momlikes2run Congrats on your son’s SDSU direct nursing!

D accepted yesterday at SDSU Nursing!

ACT:32
GPA:4.05

@hidlee Congrats on the exciting news! Are you in state? Can you expand on your D’s acceptances and if she’s made a final determination? My D is a freshman in the nursing program at SDSU.

Congrats again @hidlee on your daughter’s acceptance to SDSU there are 5 or 6 nursing acceptances so far on CC.
@Banker1 your daughter may have many new nursing friends soon!

CSUF: Waitlisted
SDSU: Accepted!
ASU: Accepted!
UCLA, UCI, USF: Yet to hear

Congrats @anxiousjunior19 on your acceptances to SDSU and ASU Can you please post your stats? Thanks

@Banker1 thank you ? She is in State and will be accepting.
CSUF: rejected
CSULB: accepted
Looking forward to her meeting new Nursing friends!

San Diego State University Nursing decisions so far from the SDSU thread (trying to keep in one place for future applicants) Please add to if I missed anyone or if they come out now

Admitted

Normanfeng
readthetealeaves
mooniee2001
momlikestorun
hidlee
gellokitty
fuzzystar
danielle
anxiousjunior

Waitlisted

lymphnode