Class of 2027--University of Oregon

I thought I’d create a thread for this year’s crew

My daughter submitted her application yesterday (Sept 18). I have heard that admissions are rolling. How long does it usually take to hear back? She is hoping to major in
Education. Also, do teacher recs have to be submitted for them to start considering? Her teachers have happily agreed to write but I don’t know if they have submitted it yet.

Last year, my son heard back within two weeks of his high school submitting all the necessary paperwork. It took about a 6 weeks total from when he applied (Labor Day Weekend). Most of his friends who applied early Fall heard back in the same time frame. The later the friends applied, the longer they waited for decisions. So it’s good your child submitted their app early. :smiley:

Dumb question. What do the schools need to submit at this point?

My son applied on 8/31. His counselor is getting their report in this week. One teacher recommendation is in but the other teacher hasn’t submitted yet. The teacher agreed last spring and confirmed again this fall but just hasn’t gotten to it. All his requested documents have been submitted (according to his portal).

According to their site, they begin notifications in October.

https://admissions.uoregon.edu/content/holistic-review

Crossing fingers!

Not a dumb question. The high school submits: (1) high school profile, (2) counselor’s report, (3) student’s transcript, and (4) teacher letters of rec.

OK, whew, those were all things I knew about but haven’t checked with her to see if they are all submitted. I assume many teachers aren’t quite done yet. Maybe I can check myself in Naviance.

Yes, if you have access to her Naviance account, you’ll see if the docs and LORs have been submitted.

1 Like

Do we know around what time Oregon releases their early action decisions? When they did it last year?

Looking at last year’s group, it lines up. Hopefully we start to hear in the next few weeks!

1 Like

Has anyone who submitted an application via the Common App found that the SRAR generated from the application had errors in how it converted the reported academic record? For example, my student’s SRAR categorized AP English Lit as “Other” rather than English. Is this worth sending an email or will the application readers look at the underlying information? Not sure how to proceed here. Thanks for any insights.

I just checked. English is listed as other in one column, English in another, the course name in another, and standard in the course level (vs AP since his wasn’t an AP course).

DS23 got accepted!

2 Likes

Congrats! What was the date he sent his app in?

He applied on 8/31. The counselor got their piece in on 10/3.

1 Like

Acceptance here too. Application submitted about a month ago. No news on merit yet.

2 Likes

How were you noticed of acceptance? Email? Portal update?
We applied end of September/early October, so hoping to hear soon!

Email telling the student to check their portal.

2 Likes

We applied directly to the art and technology program, so I wonder if that will take a bit longer….

Hello - my daughter was admitted last Friday, Oct 21 via email. She submitted her application Sept 21. So they are going out! I was surprised they start so early. Good luck to all!

1 Like