CoE Advising

<p>On the academic calendar for Fall 2014, it says registration for spring will begin October 27. Around what time frame should I aim to have an appointment with my adviser? How far in advance should I schedule the appointment? Also, do Honors College students have priority registration? I can’t remember if that was discussed during BB. </p>

<p>The earlier you see your advisor, the better. September is ideal. Engineering gets somewhat backed up in the weeks before registration. In the past I have scheduled my appointments one or two weeks in advance. And yes, Honors gets priority. Score!!</p>

<p>It’s a good idea to have a very good sense of what you’re taking before advising happens. If you want to actually discuss your options with an advisor, you’ll want to get an individual appointment, but if you’re following your flowchart exactly and/or don’t have pressing concerns to discuss, it is also possible to get your hold lifted via a group advising session or email. That’s how I handled registration for this fall.</p>

<p>Thank you!</p>

<p>Make sure that your registration hold truly does get lifted after advising!!!</p>

<p>Engineering is so tightly sequenced that you wont have a lot of choices</p>