College Class of 2025 Waitlist Thread

Duke and UVA both let some kids off the WL a few days ago based on the threads; NYU seems to have let in a fairly large group yesterday, and the UCLA thread is reporting some WL movement today.

2 Likes

Any word on BC, Tufts, Smith or Wellesley?

2 Likes

Anyone heard of F&M?

Just to clarify. The majority if not all NYU admits off the WL on Friday were spring admits for Liberal Core. Fall admits for the other schools is to be this week.

2 Likes

Have you heard if UVA has gone to the waitlist for Arts & Science?

My friends daughter just got off the waitlist from Stanford on Friday.

10 Likes

I just saw what is in the UVA waitlist thread

Any idea for ucla waitlist for oos students

Would like to know waitlist status for Babson and Emory university. Anyone got off the waitlist here

Is there a dedicated UVA waitlist 2025 thread? I know there was a UVA waitlist 2024 thread but have not seen one of this year. I just have been checking this generic Class of 2025 Waitlist thread.

1 Like

Ahh thank you - I kept searching UVA Waitlist 2025 so that’s why I guess this was not coming up! Best of luck to all.

1 Like

On waitlist for emory, I think they are going to start accepting either this week or next

Just curious :blush: Question…those who on WL, did you put a deposit to other college? Is there anyone here who decided just to wait on the list? If you got off the WL, are you willing to lose the deposit and commit to the WL college?

I highly recommend putting a deposit on another school. Some schools accept off the WL until July, but many are not even accepting any this year. If you do not put a deposit on another school, your kid may not be able to go to school the next year. Assume WL means rejection, make a back up plan. If your kid wants to take a gap year, that’s a different story. Most people plan on losing their deposit if they get off of a WL.

6 Likes

Dean J confirmed on her blog today that there will be very little waitlist movement at UVA this year. Once the wait list is closed, everyone will receive an email letting them know.

We did put a deposit on college #2. Also applied to one more ( in state, less
Expensive) in case He decides to go for transfer. No reason to pay high tuition if he’s not committed in spirit.

Will all schools send emails when the WL closes? Does anyone know?

A poster on the reddit thread said that cornell extended RD decision deadline to 17 May (because they’re still finalizing FA packages?), if other ivies follow suit that’s just going to drag everything out longer.

schools usually notify waitlisted applicants when the waitlist closes, to officially ‘release’ them.

1 Like