Colorado Springs

<p>I was just wondering how the city of Colorado Springs is. Is it really crowded. ALso, where is the college relative to the city. IS is right in the middle or on the outskirts?</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>The town gets a plus for the nearby scenery (Pikes Peak). As a whole, the town is fairly conservative --think the US Air Force Academy and a lot of the conservative churchs. However, the campus and surrounding area is more college “liberal” and student oriented/friendly. My S is a junior and doesn’t find the town a big deal one way or the other.</p>

<p>The campus is very near the old part of downtown (so it is in the middle) which gives access to restaurants. There are several places to eat just off campus. There are also a lot of the turn of the century houses still in that area and some have been divided up into apartments which makes it possible to live off campus but as close to your classes as living in the dorms. BTW --you have to qualify as a senior to live off campus. AP’s count towards how you are viewed. </p>

<p>It is just off the main US highway (which runs N and S) but there is a nice stream between the edge of campus and the Hwy. Pikes Peak is literally our your window across the Hwy to the West. The sports field has Pikes Peak as its back drop.</p>

<p>C Springs does not feel crowded. Kind of a cross between a big town and a small city, very pleasant in its core and weirdly stretched out at the edges with big box stores. Except for occasional restaurants and shopping, my son spent almost all his time on campus–which is beautiful.</p>