Cornell waitlist 2027

Thanks for the update and sharing. CoE has already said that no need to contact them or submit any additional materials at this point. Does a call from a parent still help?

This is where I saw it

You can ask oldfort

1 Like

I agree with you. My kid goes to one of the top private prep schools in the country and they would lose it if they heard a parent was calling. It doesn’t look favorable on a student. They don’t want kids calling and also seem to state they don’t call. And his school had a panel of a bunch of the admissions people from top colleges this week (I have a junior also so am starting this again!) and one said during a joke parents shouldn’t ever be in touch!

2 Likes

Thank you.

More kids were sent likely letters yesterday that they will be pulled off the waitlist. One kid at my sons school for COE and another for Arts & Sciences. There were two more admitted students days - one today and one tomorrow

2 Likes

Do you know the kid for CoE’s major, which region are you in, etc., if it is Ok to share?

Do you know if they received the additional email?

1 Like

Off waitlist
4 from CoE

• 3 from CC, last F (4/21), this past M (4/24), yesterday (4/28)
  • 1 from FB Paying for College, M (4/24)
1 Like

What do you mean by “likely emails”? Are they the emails asking them to confirm that they are still interested and will attend if given an acceptance or are they entirely different emails?

1 Like

I can only reckon that they chose waitlisted students whose profile is similar to the one who rejected school, looked at who wrote a better 1500-character essay for the major, then decided. Otherwise, I don’t understand why they gave out offers on the go while following the procedure that they laid out that is to read the why major essay.

1 Like

I also know of one Arts & Sciences off the waitlist, received email confirming interest on 4/21, offer of admission came on 4/24. One Arts & Sciences email confirming interest 4/28, assuming offer will come Monday. One CALS email confirming interest 4/28. Dont know the outcome of that yet. (These are kids I know personally)

1 Like

For the GoE kid, would you be able to share the gender, major, region, etc? If not comfortable, could you PM me? Thanks.

That’s good news congrats to them!! It seems CoE is still reviewing applicants and sending out emails. Good luck to all after May 1st!

1 Like

could you provide major as well?

Will there be more waitlist offers from CAS?

I just edited my comment - I asked my son, it wasnt COE, it was CALS. Sorry for the confusion!

Thanks for the correction. Love

yes - emails asking if they are still interested

1 Like

Off waitlist
3 from CoE

• 2 from CC, last F (4/21), this past M (4/24)
  • 1 from FB Paying for College, M (4/24)
1 Like