Cornell waitlist 2027

I’ve confirmed I can minor in CS, but I’m not interested in CS, I’m interested in comp bio. (You CAN also major in CS via internal transfer, but they purposely make internal transfer into SCS ridiculously difficult so people don’t backdoor into SCS through MCS’s 18% acceptance rate. Their policy is that you have to take and ace the CS first-year requirements WHILE ALSO taking your current school’s first-year requirements… good luck)

Also I never knew that about CA kids. Makes sense though, Ithaca vs. SFBA is a huge culture shock lol

CS minor could help your computational bio. If you master the cs tool, you stand out.

I’m just questioning why I’d choose to minor in CS when CMU SCS offers a comp bio minor…

You don’t have to minor in CS, but taking CS classes at CMU definitely gives you advantages and help your academic goals.

Was there a wave for COE today?

So far 1 off CoE waitlist from CC today.

Anyone off CoE waitlist today, would you please post it here? Thanks for sharing.

Would you please share when you submitted the response to the prompt? Thanks.

Is it possible that brooks school of public policy won’t take anyone off the waitlist?

Hi summerMay,
Did you get off the waitlist ? CoE ? Congratulations to amnesiac2004!

Nope. CoE.

1 Like

Don’t know how CoE gets applicants off the waitlist. All they say is they read the response to the prompt.

Same here. Don’t know the process. Let’s hope we all make it to the other side of the fence.

@amnesiac2004 it sounds like your gut feeling is that you should pick CMU. It seems like you really prefer the city vibe more. CMU is a top-tier school for CS and CS-adjacent fields anyway.

I agree.

Congratulations!
Would you mind sharing his stats?

For the folks here who applied for CAS did you get a follow of email of continued interest
Just want to understand whether to have any hopes if no email of continued interest was received

I’m a CAS applicant and haven’t gotten the continued interest email. Did you receive one today?

No did not that is why checking with others

1 Like

For Bioinformatics, CMU has a clear edge by far. For mechano-biology research in BME, Cornell has more active research. CMU benefits from proximity of a great med complex making it easier to get internships whereas Cornell Weil is in NYC.
I would consider the track within BME to inform the decision though.
Congrats on having great choices and good luck whatever you choose.