Culture of A&M?

I’m currently a HS Senior w/ Auto Admit thinking of attending A&M, and would like to clear up the stigma I hear about A&M cult-ure. My main concern is whether I will fit in. About me:

Interested in Nuclear Engineering
LGB but Conservative
Geeky, I don’t know much about football
I found the fish camp videos off putting
1st Gen Asian American Immigrant
Interested in the Debate Team

Please let me know if the school would suit me fine! Thank you.

You’ll be fine. While there certainly is a “cult-ure,” there’s also a LOT of people who don’t go to football games or get into the traditions. The campus body is 60,000+ students, so no matter what your ‘niche’ of people are, you’re likely to find friends. My recommendation is to get involved in organizations that do fit your interests, no matter what college you go to, because it’s by far the best way to meet people who fit your personality (or level of Aggie Spirit haha).

Just don’t worry, the fish camp videos are a lie - it’s culty for the people who want to do that, but it’s still a normal university with a huge diversity of people. There’s a great Nuclear Engineering program, several debate organizations, many niche “geeky” clubs, and no requirement you know anything about football. It’s a great university.

@scarcited - My son is an OOS junior in Aerospace Engineering. He has never gone to a football game or any sporting event. He keeps busy with classes and enjoys the organizations he joined. There are all kinds of students and organizations/clubs for everyone.