Current Freshman at Purdue - Got Questions About Purdue except Admissions?

<p>oh also,</p>

<p>How hard is it for one to adjust if coming in from out-of-state? I heard that the school is BIG and enrolls just under 40,000 students.</p>

<p>-The Purdue pharmacy program is pretty rigorous, there’s two years of prep work and then you have to be accepted into the program. Lots of math and science but if that’s your thing it shouldn’t be too difficult, just time consuming. And they like if you do a lot of activities and are really involved on campus, so look into clubs and stuff.
-I am an out-of-state student and it’s pretty easy to adjust. 90% of the time, it doesn’t feel like there’s a lot of people on campus, mostly because people can have class all the way from 7:30am - 5:45 or later at night. So not everyone is going to class at the same time. Just be friendly and get to know people in your classes/dorm/clubs/etc and you’ll be fine.
-I think the main con of Purdue is the location. There’s not much here but a lot of people choose to come here because it’s a good university; and because no college is perfect (some people like it here though so maybe it’s perfect university for them).</p>

<p>And to add onto the pharmacy at Purdue, I’m from Indiana so I know quite a few people up at Purdue. My cousin’s currently there, and she has friends who got like a 3.7 GPA and were involved in a few things who didn’t get accepted into Pharmacy school. So they just took their MCAT and applied to medical schools instead.</p>

<p>Even though I’m not a college student, Purdue is my first choice as opposed to something more urban because they have the program I want, and I enjoy the idea of a large university where a lot of different types of students come together. And, there’s areas that are grassy, where I can imagine sitting there and hanging out with friends between classes and what not. With the location aspect of Purdue, I was told this: there’s enough to do that you’re not bored when you’re not doing schoolwork, but there isn’t so much going on that you’ll always have a reason to neglect your studies.</p>

<p>My fraternity brother actually got into the Doctor of Pharmacy program recently. Will be attending his white coat ceremony in September too. Not sure what his GPA was but I know he studied a lot while having a social life. Studying and partying is still possible ya’all just gotta time manage well for two years pretty much.</p>

<p>Thanks smahanru, naturaldisaster, and Jimgotkp for the input and helpful information!</p>

<p>Can having one D grade be a make it or break it into getting into Purdue University?</p>

<p>^^^
Yes.
Did you read the title of the thread?</p>

<p>How’s the Retail Management Program? (Consumer Sciences)</p>

<p>paperpeony, I have no clue to be honest. It’s not a popular major and I don’t know anyone that is in the program. It’s also in the College of Human & Health Sciences now instead of the College of Consumer & Family Sciences.</p>

<p>OK which is more soporific? ENGR 131 or CHM 115 LAB?</p>

<p>Which should I keep for 7.30am Monday morning?? On a related note I sooo cannot get up early morning so there is a huge chance I might sleep during the lecture or maybe sleep on my way to the hall…at least on the first day of the week :S</p>

<p>LOL first of all…the weirdest question ever!</p>

<p>But ENGR 131 is a huge weed out class and has loads of homework! Don’t be fooled by the fact that it is for 2 credits. You have piles of work for this one.</p>

<p>CHM 115 is a good class, if you like Chemistry (which I personally am not a fan of.)</p>

<p>I would choose 115 for morning and take 131 in the afternoon if I was in your place, but in the end it is all on you.</p>

<p>Hi
My son just got accepted to the college of science (computer science. He is very interested in joining the marching band. Do you know how difficult it is to get into. And do you know anyone in the band and what there feeling are.
Thanks
David</p>

<p>Congrats to your son! </p>

<p>Well he does know he will be in a program that deals with a lot of work, correct? My friend that is a CS major is usually always busy doing homework/programming. </p>

<p>I’m not sure how difficult it is to get into but it is definitely time consuming and he wouldn’t be able to participate in most of the BGR events if not all. I knew someone that was in the band however they graduated. She also had a different director when she was here…</p>

<p>Just how difficult is the computer science program at purdue? I really love math and am pretty good at it, and i really like programming, so do you guys think it would be hard for me? What are the experiences of other CS majors like? btw, i got a 770 on SAT I math, and an 800 on SAT II math level 2, and I’m one of the top math students at my high school, so how hard would it be for me to get A’s in Honors math courses? I plan on double majoring in math and CS here at purdue.</p>

<p>do you ever get bored?</p>

<p>how is the rec center? I know there doing work on it, but is it nice?</p>

<p>how hard is it to get football/basketball/baseball tickets? would you recommend buying season tickets?</p>

<p>YES.</p>

<p>It’s pretty old, hence why they are closing it and completely rebuilding/renovating it to make it awesome. </p>

<p>Get the VIP card (~$250) and you get all home football game tickets, reserved basketball tickets, and every other sport all for one price. It’s pretty awesome if you’re into all that stuff. Just order it ASAP (or early, early summer) because they do run out/can only sell a certain number of VIP cards.</p>

<p>@Dixie03:</p>

<p>I’m really into sports, is there a big intramural scene on campus? Will I bel able to walk around and see some kids playing football/baseball/volleyball and jump in, or will it be just empty, or people sitting and studying.</p>

<p>I am devoting my first month of college to not studying, and volleyball, so I need to be able to see volleyball, haha/</p>

<p>Yes definitely. When the weather is nice, people are always outside. You will definitely find people playing sports and stuff outside of the dorms or fraternities, and people studying more by the academic buildings. I’m not sure how the closing of the co-rec will affect intramurals, but I’m sure they will still go on, just somewhere else. But you should also study the first month, just fyi :)</p>

<p>Also, is there like a “Roomate Finder/Personality TEst” thing, this way I can try to match up with someone that is like me?</p>

<p>When I signed my contract, there were a few questions they asked. It was like if you’re an early riser, wanted your room to not allow opposite genders, if you smoke or if you’d mind if your roommate smoked. Little things like that. And on the Purdue 2015 facebook group there are people looking for roommates if you want to go that route.</p>