Deffered Admission Geneseo Early Decision

<p>So, I was recently deffered admission to SUNY Geneseo and was curious as to how likely it is I am accepted into the rolling regular decision or perhaps guaranteed admission in the Spring.</p>

<p>Does anyone have knowledge of rates of admission in my situation?</p>

<p>I hear a lot of people get 'waitlisted' and guarenteed admission in spring, but the letter mentioned nothing of this 'waitlist'. I read up on some websites and one of them said since I wasn't necessarily rejected that I am academically qualified just not above average, so my hopes are still up but I'm basically taking this as a rejection. </p>

<p>(Deferred</a> Admission Decision - A Sample Letter to Address a Deferred Admission Decision from a College)</p>

<p>Any additional tips as to what to do next would be great.</p>

<p>I'm really bummed considering I opened this letter today and my birthday is tomorrow because this is honestly the only college I want to attend. :(</p>

<p>All help is greatly apreciated. :)</p>

<p>sorry to hear that you got deferred…I still didn’t hear back yet but am REALLY nervous! jut curious, what are your stats?</p>

<p>Hi! okay so the whole deffered admission thing can definitely sound complicated especially when you haven’t heard anything of it before. I am a soon to be freshman at Geneseo for this upcoming spring 2011 as i received the deffered admission and accepted it. This is how it went down:</p>

<p>-just like you i got that letter that said how you are ‘waitlisted’ for the fall then guaranteed spring. This having just happened to me, this is what went down; no one got accepted for the fall that was one the select waitlist. and geneseo was my number 1 school and i had my heart set on it so i waited it out. it sucked big time at first and i was so bummed out. i attended my community college for this semester and honestly it wasn’t that bad and it flewww by! and now i will finally have the chance to go to geneseo in january! which i am beyond excited about! </p>

<ul>
<li>Basically, if you really want to go to geneseo, wait it out. i did and im happy i did because i know im going to a school im going to LOVE! don’t take this as a rejection! trust me, they want you there its just because the school is so small that theres limited space. </li>
</ul>

<p>best of luck</p>

<p>… Geneseo is nothing to be excited about</p>

<p>SUNY Geneseo is a great place to get a solid education. But unless reading textbooks and cold weather “excite” you, there is nothing in that remote location to be spirited about.</p>

<p>what if reading textbooks and cold weather does “excite” me? X)</p>

<p>You could be excited by a nice, picturesque small town.
You could be excited by the family type/small school atmosphere.
You could be excited by the sense of safety and community.
You could be excited by getting a quality education at half the price of a private school.
You could get excited by the fact that many school employees are alumni, and many students parents are alumni. I think that says a lot.</p>

<p>You are confusing “satisfied” with “excited”</p>

<p>It’s a place to read books and save money. That’s basically it.</p>