Select Waitlist...Hear Back Early May????

<p>I got denied to a lot of the schools I applied to but I was given the Guaranteed Admission and Select Waitlist option from Geneseo a few weeks ago. In the email that I received from admissions it says "we will be in touch early May" however deposits for most schools are May 1st and seeing as I didn't get into a lot of schools, its kind of critical that I know if I am being offered Fall Admission or not....</p>

<p>Was this just a typo because I really don't understand how they expect anyone who received this option to wait past the deposit deadline for other schools just for the chance that Geneseo may offer you Fall admission.</p>

<p>Also am I supposed to somehow "accept waitlist" or place my name on a list or something because several people have mentioned that. Maybe im just slow and missed it but I didn't see anything about that in the email or letter I recieved.</p>

<p>Did you go on the waitlist? There was an email in the letter they send you…If you dont have it call them tomorrow. My daughter was put on the waitlist and was admitted.</p>

<p>Okay thank you! I no longer have the letter however the email that I received began with “Your name has now been placed on our Select Waitlist”…</p>

<p>Was the email address “<a href=“mailto:waitlist@genseo.edu”>waitlist@genseo.edu</a>” </p>

<p>Do I just tell them I am still interested?</p>

<p>My daughter sent it from her email so I cant check because shes not home. I think that was it but Ill ask her. If I were you I would call and express an interest. Confirm you are on the wait list.</p>

<p>Okay thanks again, now i’m really starting to panic!</p>

<p>Dont panic…they are so nice there when you call. I am heading up there tomorrow morning for Thursdays preview day. My daughter was in the same position as you with the Spring admission. Her friend just got his letter this past week that he was offered Fall. So dont freak out just yet. Make sure you have a spot on that list and call.</p>

<p>Okay that’s reassuring. I just really need this because my college decisions didn’t go well and the other schools I did get into did not give me sufficient aid, so if it doesnt work out for Fall 2013 with Geneseo I will have to wait until next Spring and I really would hate to do that while everyone around me was going to college. So to hear that after waiting for this, I could possibly not even be on the list! Cause for concern haha</p>

<p>Yeah I get that. I do know alot of kids from here who have taken the spring option. We got very lucky to get for fall. This is a facebook group…some kids are spring if you scroll down you will see. I saw other kids came off the wait list too…My daughters in the group and the kids are really nice <a href=“Geneseo Class of 2017 | Facebook”>Geneseo Class of 2017 | Facebook;
Good Luck…but call tomorrow!!!</p>