Guaranteed Admission Program

<p>I was offered admission through Geneseo's Guaranteed Admission Program and was placed on the select wait list for the fall 2014 semester and will hear back from that in early May. I was Guaranteed Admission for the spring/fall 2015 semester though. I honestly don't know what to do if I should go with the Guaranteed Admission and wait a semester or two to go to my top choice school or just forget about it and go to a different college. Has anyone done the Guaranteed Admission Program before?</p>

<p>DD was accepted for the spring semester through guaranteed admission. A lot of students start that way, at least 170 or so , and the college does a great job with putting them together in dorms. DD has no regrets .</p>

<p>My daughter did GAP a few years ago. She went to a different SUNY first semester. The Geneseo people were helpful in planning her schedule at the fall school so she wouldn’t lose any credits. She loves Geneseo now but it was hard coming in January. By the end of her freshman year she was very happy though. You just have to make an effort to join clubs and make friends.</p>

<p>Is the guaranteed admission the same as the Selective Waitlist option? I received email about the waitlist and was asked if I’d like to join it. It said something about doing a study abroad in Italy and a guaranteed admission to spring or fall semester in 2015. Does this mean I was accepted but there’s just no room to admit or are they offering to put me on waitlist in case I get accepted? Email did not seem to be clear whether or not I was accepted.</p>

<p>When my d applied she was guaranteed admission for spring semester and also waitlisted for fall. She did not get in for fall off the waitlist but her friend did. She was also offered option to start in the Geneseo program in Italy for the fall then come to Geneseo campus for spring. did not start in Italy as she had no background in Italian at all and it was a living with host families program, not living in dorms.</p>

<p>Just curious, what were your stats?</p>

<p>my son originally got accepted spring guarantee program. Today he just got his admission folder for fall. So he is very excited!!!</p>

<p>got my fall 2014 acceptance today! </p>

<p>Congrats to your son, newfreshman14. I too was accepted in the spring, but received my offer of fall admission today in the mail; I’m looking forward to seeing what the school is like on one of the preview days.</p>

<p>@newfreshman14 @luthier @kabayev1 would you mind posting your stats? and did you get an email regarding the admission first or just the package in mail? for the fall</p>

<p>Alright,</p>

<p>Male and in-state
85 GPA (probably the main reason I was waitlisted)
4 AP classes (Euro, US History, Government, and Economics)
1800 SAT (didn’t submit)
30 ACT
EC’s: Brass ensemble (treasurer), Jazz ensemble. Outside of school, I participated in NYSSMA for Classical guitar and Euphonium through level 6. I also build guitars at a professional level (thus my username)</p>

<p>Good essay and good letters of recommendation (including one from my AP gov teacher who happens to be a Geneseo alum) </p>

<p>Also, immediately after recieving my wait list/guaranteed admissions letter I accepted a spot on the wait list and called the admissions office. I’m not sure if doing this early played a role in a fall acceptance, but I doubt it hurt.</p>

<p>As for the email, I got an email inviting me to sign up for one of the preview days yesterday. There was no acceptance email so I was puzzled; it makes sense in hindsight though. </p>

<p>Female and in-state
97 GPA (weighted)
7 AP classes (Euro, US History, US Government, Comparative Government, Spanish Language, English Literature, English Language)
1870 SAT
EC’s: Model Congress (president), Foreign Language Honor Society (Secretary), JV Soccer, Winter and Spring Track (freshmen and sophomore year), National Honor Society
Tons of community service, two internships, worked as a camp counselor, a babysitter, and receptionist.
Solid essay and three letters of recommendation
Was deferred from ED and then waitlisted but now I just got off the wait list</p>

<p>@kabayev1 @luthier alright thanks letting me know</p>

<p>my son took all ap classes, /honors classes. He got a 1860 on sat. 3.87 gpa He did track, drama, volunteer ems, coach, We accepted for spring, and just received fall in mail. We went to see school today it was pouring rain, but the campus was terrific. He still deciding…</p>

<p>@newfreshman14‌ thanks for posting that. I’ve been seeing quite a few people getting fall admission while previously being on the select waitlist. been wondering if people are pulled at random or priority is given to certain students such as being deferrred, having good stats, when they accepted to be on waitlist, etc. hoping I may be one of them too.</p>

<p>I suggest absolutely doing that, I did that this previous semester, started at Geneseo this past January (went to another school for a semester) and it couldn’t have been more worth the wait. They have a great January orientation, a “You Belong” program designed for students entering during the second semester. It really shouldn’t take long for you to feel welcome and comfortable there. I can’t imagine being anywhere else and am so grateful that I chose to wait it out for that first semester. </p>