Direct entry universities...

<p>For direct entry nursing schools, I am looking through many universities and colleges right now. I am a CA resident but I am willing to go outside of CA. Here is my list of schools and there are like 30...</p>

<ol>
<li>Belmont University</li>
<li>Boston College (Not sure if I am going to apply.. too tough to get accepted.. with my gpa) </li>
<li>Bradley University</li>
<li>Capital University</li>
<li>Dominican University</li>
<li>Dusquesne University</li>
<li>Georgetown University</li>
<li>Husson University</li>
<li>Illinois state University</li>
<li>Duke University (Im not sure if they have direct entry program...)</li>
<li>Temple University</li>
<li>Truman state University</li>
<li>University of Connecticut</li>
<li>University of Evansville</li>
<li>University of Michigan - Ann Arbor</li>
<li>University of Pittsburgh</li>
<li>University of Portland</li>
<li>University of San Francisco</li>
<li>University of Vermont</li>
<li>Valparaiso University</li>
<li>Vaillnova University</li>
<li>Maryville University St. Louis (Is it true its located in middle of nowhere?)</li>
<li>Northeastern University</li>
<li>Pace University</li>
<li>Penn State University</li>
<li>Quinnipiac University</li>
<li>Rutgers University</li>
<li>Seattle University</li>
<li>St.Louis University</li>
<li>Milwaukee School of Engineering</li>
<li>Marshall University</li>
<li>University of Rochester</li>
</ol>

<p>which schools listed here are known for good nursing programs? like high graduation rates.. good education system...? Any recommendations other than these schools? </p>

<p>I am also applying to UCs and CSUs. My UC GPA is 4.091, and my LAUSD GPA is 3.9 (i dont know if its unweighted or weighted gpa)
I havent taken the SAT yet, planning to take it in October, but Im expecting about 1700 to 1800. I have done many extracurricular activities, volunteering, internships. </p>

<p>Thank you!</p>

<p>That is quite a list. There are lots of great schools on the list. My daughter applied to several and is now in her second year at Penn which is a great school. Villanova, UMich, Pitt, Northeastern all have great programs. Good luck narrowing that list.</p>

<p>One of the initial screening steps should be to look at first time pass rate for the RN exam for each school. Most states publish that information online for graduates of each college located within their borders.</p>

<p>If you need need-based aid, you should look at the percentage of need met by each college. That info is available on the US Dept. of Education’s College Navigator site, among other sources. Some public universities mainly provide aid to in-state students.</p>

<p>Some of the colleges on your list are extremely selective. It is nice to have a couple reach schools, but it can be a waste of time (for most students) to concentrate on many reach schools. It also can be very disappointing and time-consuming, because their applications are often more demanding.</p>

<p>I’m not sure it is worth flying across the whole country to go to some of those nursing programs.</p>

<p>My daughter is also graduating this year from high school and will be applying for a direct entry nursing school. We are living in So. Cal. The distance issue is something we are considering. There are few direct entry nursing programs in California. My daughter is probably going to concentrate on the mid-west. We are travelling there in November. It is difficult to compare schools with large swings in net-price such as Seattle University on the high-side to others.</p>

<p>Maryville is not located ‘in the middle of nowhere’…It is actually about 30 minutes west of the Arch in the greater St. Louis area in a rather pricey section of the area called Chesterfield. Not an endorsement of the school as I know very little about it, but it is located in a metropolitan area that is huge. Kind of a small school, but they do have some student life/atheletics, etc.</p>