Do people go to South Beach often?

<p>Do people go to the beach on the weekends a lot? Going with that, is there any easy way to get there if you don't have a car (besides cabs)? I'm just wondering how much of the nightlife scene and social scene revolve around the clubs on South Beach and the beach in general.</p>

<p>To get to South Beach during the day, you can take the train from the station right outside the school (The stop is called University) to Government Center, and then I believe a C bus to bring you to the beach. At night, the train is a serious no-no, much too dangerous and a cab is in effect.</p>

<p>South Beach is always fun and exciting but a lot don’t do the club thing here. Coconut Grove is the preferred spot with a lot of restaurants and bars.</p>

<p>I live in Miami, and it does depend on the weather if u want to always go on the weekends. To get to the beach you do take the metrorail to government center, and then either the S, 120 beach max, or some other buses to the beach. But of course there ate many other activities to do nearby in coconut grove, and even in coral gables.</p>

<p>You can also take the free Hurricane shuttle out to the RSMAS campus at the end of Virginia Key. Then it is just a short walk over the bridge to Key Biscayne and some nice beaches.</p>

<p>I dont know about UM, but Im in high school around 30 minutes from the beach, and like 1 hour from South Beach and I go to the beach all the time and South Beach quite often, so Im guessing that UM students go all the time</p>

<p>I wouldn’t say all the time, but of course during breaks I’d find a lot of friends currently in UM at the beach. It’s your choice where you want to enjoy yourself.</p>

<p>Thanks guys. My choice is between Tulane and UM. I was leaning towards Tulane before, but I visited UM this weekend and it seems amazing. Now I’m leaning towards UM. It looks AWESOME!</p>

<p>I’d choose UM. UM has better weather, a better city, more diversity, better programs in my opinion, and better sports teams.</p>