Does UWM look favorably upon internship?

<p>Hello!</p>

<p>My goal is to become a molecular virologist, and I really want to go to UWM because it has one of national-level outstanding microbiology program.</p>

<p>I recently got an internship relating to biology and mathematics, and I am curious if it will help me on my application to UWM?</p>

<p>Yes, it will help. Why wouldn’t it? Great job finding it though!</p>

<p>Also: UWM almost always refers to UW-Milwaukee. the university in Madison is just UW or UW-Madison.</p>

<p>^
Thank you very much! Wow, I apologize for using UWM…I never knew that Madison stands UW!!</p>

<p>By the way, do colleges require any evidence of internship? For example, should I send my internship portfolio?</p>

<p>Do not overload them with extra “paperwork”. Put the facts on the application where indicated.</p>

<p>Your internship is great experience. Don’t over estimate the imact. Your high school GPA and your test (ACT) scores are significantly more important than an internship. Beyond grades and test scores, other parts of the app process are about making sure you’re balanced (EC’s, employement, service) and that you really want to go to Wisconsin.</p>