EA Admission Decisions: Its time

<p>skybax...did you get mail today? I doubt someone will answer tomorrow...no one was there today to answer</p>

<p>My D just got her acceptance package and Dean's Scholarship!!! YES!!! =)</p>

<p>Good luck to everyone! I'm sure the rest will receive the letters by Monday.</p>

<p>No I did not DinDune, which made me very disappointed.</p>

<p>Somebody in the Facebook group claims to have gotten a pop-up though...</p>

<p>No pop-up either...I'll check tomorrow...this has been a cr.p long day waiting for mail that didn't come! I'm done for today.
Let me know if you get through tomorrow!</p>

<p>OK people in my town got their letters today
so why haven't I?
if it's in the same zipcode you would think they would all arrive at the same time
now im more than nervous</p>

<p>@bijou3owl - Congrats, that is the major I applied to as well. </p>

<p>I am sure it is just random justlove91. I don't know UM's exact process, but USUALLY admissions follows this outline. </p>

<p>Date the application is completed (UM's or Common)
Date of material completion (Transcripts, test scores,etc.)
Date it is reviewed by admissions as complete (Filing, had an issue with this at another school)
Date it is sent to committee (Ranked depending on school i.e. scores, grades,etc.)
Date the acceptance or other notification is reviewed (Makes sure they didn't send acceptance when you got denied)
Date packets are stuffed and sent out. (Some have not be reviewed yet by committee when this process begins.(at some schools at least) They might have sent acceptances with scholarships out first, but I have really have no idea. I doubt it was by last name or something. I have heard of deferrals and denials coming later.)</p>

<p>They all won't be there at the same time with all the factors. Anyways, that's my two-cents about the admissions process through admission blogs, calling, and videos of the process posted by schools.</p>

<p>Also, just curious if anyone who got scholarships or anyone at all did the optional letters of recommendation for general admission. (not honors)</p>

<p>I just checked my thing and it doesn't have a check next to the transcript, but under notes, it says "all grades thru junior year". Does this mean they want my semester grades? They got the counselor recommendation which was sent with the transcript. (First Semester ends on February 2 here)</p>

<p>Only Junior Year grades are required at the time of admission. If you are accepted you have to send senior year's grades so they make sure you didn't blow it off. Was that up all the time or just now?</p>

<p>Are you talking about MyUM?</p>

<p>Got accepted today, $24k scholarship + invitation for singer, but I don't plan on going since they denied me for the dual-degree interview.</p>

<p>2250 SAT
34 ACT
4.52 GPA (3.881 unweighted)</p>

<p>Well, it was empty before, and after my counselor recommendation was sent, it said that. If they haven't received my transcript, someone in the counseling department at school is going to die.</p>

<p>If it was empty before then it COULD mean you were accepted and they are awaiting the final transcript in a few months. The keyword is COULD meaning that I am not exactly sure and in the event I am wrong I don't want to be the one who dies in your previous comment.</p>

<p>It is now Feb 1. After checking online I received...NOTHING</p>

<p>when i log onto myUM and click documents received it says this:</p>

<p>required admission documents</p>

<p>Your application has been sent to the admission committee for review. We appreciate your patience during this time and will mail your admission notification according to the application option you chose. For information about admission notification dates, go to Options</a> and Deadlines | University of Miami. </p>

<p>is this what its suppseds to say? where do i see what they acutaly have?</p>

<p>That's what mine says</p>

<p>Same message here too</p>

<p>The postmark on the acceptance packet was the 30th.....we live in South Florida so we received it on the 31st. There are probably a bunch of packets sitting in the post office for you guys.
Good Luck Everyone!!!!</p>

<p>myUM says that message too, it has for like months
officially everyone else in my school that applied got their decision
aside from me = (
i really hope they don't sent it out based on your decision</p>

<p>why haven't they put it online! i really don't want to wait until tomorrow afternoon or even the next day to get it in the mail.</p>