EA / ED Central (with Megathread links)

fsdjfkghljkgfdshjfhgkjhkjlkgfds

7 Likes

Do you know when schools announce when their ED decisions come out in December - the exact dates?

1 Like

Depends on the college.

1 Like

Any updates on ED decisions from schools?

Here’s a ?: Is it better to be deferred or waitlisted?

Deferred is until the next round of RD decisions from ED or EA usually

Waitlisted is when you are put on a list to be considered after the other rounds usually. Waitlisted may here before May 1, but usually after May 1.

There are places where you can be deferred and then waitlisted.

There are also offers of Spring semester starts and second year auto transfers.

There will most likely be an increase in waitlisting this year as colleges who ended up over enrolled try to manage housing and class sizes. It also is a tool for them to control their yield.

1 Like

I was pondering whether Early apps were up or not among Top30 type schools, after last year’s record-breaking ED/EA apps across many top schools. I found this from UVA’s Cavalier Daily, Nov 12,2021:
“The University received a record total of 3,442 early decision applications and 31,152 early action applications for the Class of 2026, a 17 percent increase in early decision applications and a seven percent increase in early action applications compared to last year”

Anyone else have info on other schools? Looks like it might be another crazy year with low acceptance rates.

2 Likes

I have heard that some schools are up by as much as 30% for ED!

1 Like

Wow, which ones?

UGA received 21,570 Early Action applications, of which 54% were out of state, 46% in state. That’s 3 percent more EA applicants than last year. They offered 8,917 acceptances, about 1400 of whom were offered Honors College. 9300 applicants were deferred to regular decision, 2000 were denied.

5 Likes

My daughter just heard back from LMU for film production – she applied ED and was accepted (heard back 3 weeks before we were expecting to, so a nice holiday surprise). The application letter said this year there have been 19000 applications for 1500 spots!

13 Likes

Hi, for the batch of 2026, i.e the students that have applied EA/ED for schools in 2021, if you have applied for either PSU(Penn State) or MSU(Michigan State) and got your admission decision, did you get a scholarship decision along with it??

Have any of you guys heard back from Emory University for ED?

A professor from my ED1 school reached out to me via email to discuss an honors program and research opportunities this past Friday. Do you think this means I’ve been accepted or is this a hoop to jump through? Are they evaluating my response? ED1 decisions will not be out until +/- Dec 17th.

2 Likes

Hi, my daughter has two HBCUs on her list, one being NCAT which is suppose to release EA tomorrow if you could add to the list. Thanks :+1:

2 Likes

I would not assume you’ve been accepted until you are accepted. I think it is a very good sign that the school reached out to you, but if you haven’t received a notice of acceptance, assume you are still under consideration and being evaluated. My daughter applied ED two years ago and about 2 weeks before the decision date the school asked her high school counselor for her 1st quarter grades, and then she got in.

1 Like

Oh, I know I have not officially been accepted. I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else…who then did get into their school. I’m trying to be hopeful while I wait :smiley:

1 Like

Heres a ?: Is it better to be Deferred or Waitlisted? Someone commented very few are differed and then accepted to my first choice school. But people do get off waitlist. I just want to prepare myself which is better deferral or waitlist?

1 Like

Usually waitlists are only for the regular deadline and deferrals are for early admissions deadlines. Deferred during early admissions means your application will be reviewed again with the rest of the applications. I’m not sure if one is better than the other. I think it depends on the year and your stats.

As schools are releasing their ED/EA decision release dates, I am updating the Early Admissions Central page with confirmed release dates and times and links to the threads. We also added a clock counting down to the next big release date. Check back on this page to learn when schools announce, and reply here if you know of any newly confirmed ED/EA release dates for 2021/22.

Also - if you are announcing your ED/EA results on social media, feel free to tag CC so we can celebrate with you! Follow for updates or to tag us:
@collegeconfidential on [Instagram] (https://www.instagram.com/collegeconfidential/) and @collegecofide on [Facebook] (College Confidential) and Twitter.

Good luck to all the early applicants still waiting to hear!