EA / ED Central (with Megathread links)

Yup. Fingers crossed!

Dartmouth is 5pm EST today

1 Like

Looks like UMiami sent decisions today, too.

1 Like

up by 30% for ED? It is crazy!

1 Like

Wesleyan releases today (12/11), according to email sent to counselors.

3 Likes

Waiting with baited breath!

1 Like

Also waiting for Wesleyan. Appreciate any and all updates!

2 Likes

Yes
directly from an administrator
Yes, this is a test-optional school for at least through 2023. Can’t reveal name of university yet. But, for top 50 schools many have big spike in ED/REA/EA. He shared with me how some schools give a “bump” for applying ED. You can check this out by the numbers and demographics of who applied. There is a benefit to colleges with a yield factor to this, as well. I believe Northwestern takes a big chunk of their incoming class from ED when you break down the demographics. So, many students believe they have an advantage by applying ED - but this advantage or perceived advantage could very much depend upon the school. Another factor is that students just want to be done with the process when they have chosen their top choice school. The administrator shared how there has been a significant increase in the number of URM and first-gen applicants to ED over last year.

By contrast, there are some schools who have set a higher bar for ED because (according to this Admissions office administrator) they are “building a class” and take students with highest grades, highest scores, highest class rank, key demographic factors, etc. So, it can actually be more competitive to get accepted ED at some schools. For many colleges, it is even a greater numbers game for ED compared to RD. It seems the Admissions offices are helping their colleges chase the ultimate USN&WR carrot down the road.

4 Likes

Has there been any word on Smith College ED1 release date? Thanks!

I have heard afternoon but please update if you know anything more!

1 Like

Davidson College just updated they will release 9 p.m. on Tuesday, 12/14. Also, what does it take to have an image on the main page/big board of ED on the CC site? I’m assuming it’s level of activity on a thread but to see other top 15 LAC schools and not Davidson was a bummer to my son. #gowildcats!

2 Likes

Agree! Add Davidson if that is possible! @CC_Joy

3 Likes

Also agree! Davidson deserves attention! :grin: @CC_Joy

1 Like

Anyone hear anything about ED 1 release date for Pomona college?

3 Likes

This I have seen to be particularly true with Amherst College. ED is typically for “high priority” applicants i.e college athletes, a few Questbridge applicants, etc. I know a couple of guys(and girl) who easily got in RD despite having sub-par academic performance, “normal” ECs, and just-okay essays. ED is not always a competitive edge - at some schools. How true!

2 Likes

@smiles2122 @S22bos @2Devils Davidson is added! I’m happy to add any schools that have confirmed dates, or have already released. Just let me know if I missed one!

3 Likes

WPI EA decisions coming out 12/15 7pm
Case Western EA decisions on 12/21 not sure on time

1 Like

Does anyone know when Georgetown EA decisions will come out?

Kenyon Released on Friday.

1 Like

WPI EARLY DECISION decisions come out on 12/15. The EA decisions do not come out until 1/15.

1 Like