Early Action Admissions

Does anyone know the date that they get back to everyone by?

All we get is “by April 1st”. I haven’t seen any acceptances posted yet.

Look at the Class of 2019 Decisions thread from last Fall to get a better idea of when Binghamton releases Early Action (EA) decisions. Last Fall they released EA acceptances (no deferrals or rejections) to the highest stat applicants on December 11. The application tracker/ portal indicated Decision Made and the applicants who were accepted were able to pay a deposit. The second wave of EA decisions occurred around January 9 or 10, with mostly everybody getting deferred to the regular applicant pool. The applicants who applied Regular Decision started hearing back (acceptances or denials) in February, and the deferred EA applicants started receiving final decisions on March 6. Decisions appeared to be released daily in March and this continued until the final release on April 1. The longer it took to hear back, the higher likelihood that the applicants were denied, wait listed or were offered spring admission or a place in Binghamton Advantage program. The School of Management was the most competitive school for admission and some applicants to SOM were offered a spot in Harpur as an alternative placement.

DD got her acceptance by email a short time ago (Dec. 4). Good luck to everyone!

DD got her acceptance by email December 4th. SAT 2130, GPA 3.9. From NJ

I just got an email saying there was a change in my application status. I navigated to the portal and was received the letter of Acceptance there. Everyone check their emails and good luck!

Hi I applied EA to Bing and I’m anxious to know my chances of getting accepted!! I have a 4.0 unweighted gpa (107.35 weighted percent grade), 1800 SAT, and do A LOT of extracurricular activities! Is there anyone who is currently in SOM and had similiar grades as me when you applied?! Thank you!