<li>730M, 630R
Also ISEF finalist, which might have helped</li>
</ol>

<p>Accepted!!!</p>

<p>In state
Industrial Design
4.1 GPA
680 math, 630 reading, (730 writing)</p>

<p>Congratulations to the new hokies!! V00d0o, we were pulling for you, hope you have a VT t’shirt to wear tomorrow! Chris that makes two engineers at VT next year :)</p>

<p>For those that will be waiting now for the RD round, sevmom has been down this road successfully with her son and has given great advise. Continue to do your best in school as mid-year grades will be evaluated and considered. That is the last variable you can control. Best of luck!!</p>

<p>No longer is it hope2be… he got in!</p>

<p>In State
Engineering
SAT 720M 650CR
No ACT</p>

<p>Accepted! </p>

<ol>
<li>In state</li>
<li>Undecided</li>
<li>4.01 GPA</li>
<li>1270 SAT</li>
<li>29 ACT</li>
</ol>

<p>Sooo happy/relieved!! :D</p>

<p>Just a quick congratulations to everyone who got good news last night! And, like sevmom and blueiguana have said, don’t be too sad about being deferred until the spring if that was yesterday’s notification. </p>

<p>Good things can still happen…plug away and try to stand out with great mid-year grades! We are all pulling for you! :)</p>

<p>My son was accepted!</p>

<ol>
<li> Out of State</li>
<li>General Engineering</li>
<li>4.26 GPA</li>
<li>1140 - 640M/500V SAT</li>
<li>ACT 25M/26R</li>
</ol>

<p>Two metrics that will also affect admissions(all other things equal): geography and legacy. If in NOVA, so much competition vs ROVA so chances are better if in ROVA (all other things equal). I have heard that a 4.0 and stellar SAT/ACT may still not be good enough to get in if in NOVA. WRT legacy, it is still asked for on application so it carries some weight, although how much is unknown.</p>

<p>I received a reply to the message I sent asking why I was deferred and what I could do to improve. The general gist of it was that I had mostly B’s in the math and science courses I took, which harmed my chances of getting in.
On the bright side, they will look at the grades during my first semester of senior year for RD. Thankfully I am receiving A’s in the two math courses that I am taking, however I have a B in my science course this quarter.
AP Physics C is tough stuff!</p>

<p>–Applied Out of State
–4.3 G.P.A (Weighted)
–Business Information Technology
–520 CR ; 480 Math;
–No ACT</p>

<p>Extracurricular activities included JV/Varsity Lacrosse, Freshman and JV Football, National Honor Society, SkillsUSA, Freshman Wrestling, </p>

<p>Enrolled in Cisco Networking Academy and earned CCENT Certification working towards CCNA.</p>

<p>Sister also graduated from Tech Summa Cum Laude in Biological Sciences.</p>

<p>pixelboyable “I received a reply to the message I sent asking why I was deferred and what I could do to improve. The general gist of it was that I had mostly B’s in the math and science courses I took”</p>

<p>Hmmm. I think Tech was swamped with applications as I’d argue your ** are offset with the 750 on your SAT2. Some HS’s have really tough grading and others give out A’s readily. Still, if you do well in your current Math courses I think Tech Admissions will come to its senses. No "C"s though! Good luck.</p>

<p>Pixelboyable, I’m glad that admissions gave you a clear answer as to why you were deferred. Good luck in RD. I think you have a very good shot ,especially since you are doing well in your classes this semester.</p>

<p>PB,
The only thing I’d add re the B in AP Physics is if you are towards the top of the class despite the B (it is a difficult class and some teachers are just harder graders) see if it’s possible for your GC to include with the Mid-Year grade report a breakdown of the percentage of students getting A’s, B’s, C’s, etc. for that class, or a short note explaining that the B represents the top 10% in that class, for example. This would be to give greater context that although you have a B you are still achieving at the top of the class for that teachers expectations. This would only apply if your B does put you towards the top of the class obviously. Admissions may pay no attention, but they may take it into consideration to some extent.</p>

<p>Thanks for the advice and encouragement everyone, I’m gonna have to do my best!</p>

<p>@Pixelboyable</p>

<p>You’re taking AP Physics C too? Well then, may the best Hokie hopeful be accepted (or maybe both of us)! Good luck to you.</p>

<p>Accepted

• In state
  • 4.1 Weighted, 4.0 Unweighted
  • Engineering
  • 640 Math, 640 CR
  • 33 Math, 28 Reading</p>

<p>@Pixelboyable - I would try and get the physics grade up too, if you can. Believe me I know it is hard. I think what helped in my case was strong grades up until this year, Calc and Physics C are killing me.</p>

<p>OOS
Engineering
n/a
did research at MIT,Hopkins, Univ MD but fell in love with VT after doing research there… we are so excited!</p>

<p>Accepted!</p>

<ol>
<li>OOS</li>
<li>Industrial Design</li>
<li>4.0 unweighted; my school weights weirdly, but I’ve taken 18 AP/DE classes total. </li>
<li>Didn’t Submit SAT</li>
<li>33 Comp ACT</li>
</ol>

<p>@sevmom After beginning my application to UIUC, it appears that they have the same/similar system. Maybe it’s just a standard system for college applications.</p>