Engineering. Any hope at all?

I have discovered so much useful information on this site!
Here is my information and I welcome any feedback.

Class rank - Top 20% (750+ students)
GPA - 3.9
SAT - 1180 (poor)
ACT - 27

I have been a member of band for 4 years. Currently in process of acceptance to NHS.
At end of my Junior year I had 5 dual credit and 1 AP course.
I will be applying to A&M Engineering.

Thanks

@A&MHopeful It isn’t likely that you would be offered full admissions to College Station or Galveston. Galveston admissions usually has much higher scores and high math sub scores. Blinn Engineering Academy admissions that had low scores were top 10% auto admits. While that was the case for most, no one can say never, because no one except admissions sees your whole application file.

An alternative would be to apply directly to the Engineering Academy at Mc Allen. There are other engineering academies to apply to and others are admissions decisions for A&M.

In addition, the academies are smaller sizes and more individual attention. College Station engineering has a 55% retention rate, as many don’t make it through their first year before dropping out or being removed from the program due to not being able to satisfy the general engineering requirements. The academies I think offer a great transition to college and more help if you are not ready to hit the ground running in engineering calculus. @trinley and @MomHopesNxtGenAg are excellent resources for the Academies and I urge you to look into them. It may be just the thing to get you to where you need to be before heading to College Station where it can be overwhelming.
Here is a link to explore https://engineering.tamu.edu/academics/academies/index.html

@A&MHopeful what is your math sub score? that is the primary criteria that the engineering academy and TAMU Engineering look at.

What is the math sub score that TAMU engineering would like the student to have?

TAMU is lookin for around a 26-27 on the ACT for the engineering academy. I would assume it would be the same for full admit. They want to make sure you can handle the math. Admitted students will also,have to take a math readiness test in order to be placed in calculus. If you don’t pass you will be placed in precalculus.