Texas A&M University chances

Hi all,
I am currently a senior in high school and wondering if I have a decent shot at making it in. I aim to major in Engineering, particularly Civil or Mechanical . My sat score was 1160/1600, ACT : 28, GPA is 3.71 (unweighted) 5.1 (weighted) and rank is 73 / 588 (top 12%) I’ve also tooken many AP classes throughout high school and my EC’s are strong.

Thank you very much in advance.

Engineering is very math heavy. Freshman year Physics 218 is heavily calculus based. Math 151 is College Calculus, which both are going to require that you have Calculus AB/BC. Without the advanced calculus from high school, I think full admission to College Station is a reach for engineering. Being a review applicant, and if last years results are true for this year, it is likely you will be offered Blinn Team. Applicants offered Engineering at Galveston were higher test scores of 30 on ACT and higher equiv SAT. They also had at least APcalculus AB, Blinn Engineering Acad offers had ACT scores of 29 and SAT of 1760 (1260 today) top 25% but lower rank than you. I hope that helps for comparison.

That said, Blinn Team is a great way to get on campus as a full time student and you get full access to the university and live on campus.
I found this, as I was looking at last years admissions thread: written by a poster who was offered Gateway in January 2016. 02-19-2016 at 11:46 pm

To the class of 2021.
If you read through the TAMU class of 2020 thread - notice that nothing is a given in admissions. There simply isn’t room for all the talented applicants. Some of us in review thought only full admission would do, but grew to learn that Galveston,Gateway, and Blinn Team, are a great opportunity and perhaps we will even appreciate our days at A&M at little bit more due to going through this process.