Engineering Review - Will I make it?

I applied to the engineering school at Texas A&M at College Station the day of the deadline, so now I am in “Engineering Review”. I’m sort of scared because I have no idea if I will make it. I’ve seen other people post their stats and get a few responses as to whether they might make it. I decided to give it a go and see what the community here thinks.

• GPA: 3.9184 on a 4.0 scale unweighted
  • SAT: 1950 Total, 720 Math, 640 Critical Reading, 590 Writing
  • ACT: 29 Composite, 33 Reading, 31 Math, 27 Science, 26 English
  • AP Classes: Chemistry, Calculus AB, Physics C (No scores so far because I'm currently taking the classes.)
  • Community Service: 104 hours
  • Foreign Language: 2 years of Spanish for Spanish Speakers
  • Minority: Hispanic

Please respond as honestly as you can. I know this website won’t tell me if I do make it or not, but it might help get an idea. I gladly thank you for your time to read and respond. If you need me to post any other details, don’t hesitate to tell me.

P.S. I know this isn’t the forum for it, but what about admission at University of Texas at Austin’s engineering school as well?

Based upon your rank and your SAT scores, you should be an automatic acceptance and, if you had applied in August, I believe you would already know. It is only a question because of your late application date. That being said, based upon my kids, I would guess you will be accepted into engineering and at both schools.

Yeah I was accepted to both schools through automatic admission, but Texas A&M told me that since the engineering school has reached the admission enrollment limit for admission without review, and that the remaining engineering seats will be offered to students on a “competitive holistic review”. This scares me because I am not sure what their exact definition for competitive means. Maybe I’m going up against people who have 4.0 GPAs and 2300+ SAT scores? Or maybe I’m going up against random people from the country.

you are fine for A&M engineering review regardless of application submission. For UT that SAT might be too low, but your excellent rank makes up for it. I would say you have about 80% to Cockrell

last batch of acceptances to Dwight will go out next week