Evolution of a new Crimson Tide fan

<p>DS has always been politely interested in football. Here in So. Cal we live a five minute walk from his high school football field. Over four years he attended a handful of times to cheer on the team and support the school. Moving to UA however the Alabama football experience has been a revelation to him. </p>

<p>Week One:</p>

<p>Mom " So, what have you been up to?"<br>
DS " I went to watch the game in the lounge at Ridgecrest South. People here are really enthusiastic about football."</p>

<p>Week Two:</p>

<p>DS “I got a ticket to the Alabama vs Florida Atlantic game. WOW it was awesome!”
Mom “I heard it was really hot and humid, did you manage ok?”
DS “It was hot, but the atmosphere was amazing!”</p>

<p>Week Three:</p>

<p>Mom: “So do you have any plans this weekend?”
DS: “Well, I managed to get a ticket for the game against Southern Miss…”</p>

<p>LOL, I think a new fan is born.</p>

<p>Just wait 'til he gets the full season package and shows up hours early with friends to get front row seats. That’s my DS, now a junior, who never even went to a high school game before. At least we get to see him on TV a lot. For away games, he and his suitemates set up multiple TV’s to watch games around the country alongside the Bama game. And let’s not mention my wife, who never watched college football before, now DVR’s the games. Even our grandmas ask us what time and channel the game is on. </p>

<p>It’s all good. RTR</p>

<br>

<br>

<p>Too funny…and very sweet!</p>

<p>My older son never had much interest in following sports. My kids’ high school was a small private and didn’t yet field a football team, so they hadn’t had that experience. However, his evolution as a fan was similar to what AlbionGirl described. </p>

<p>My younger son was always a sports fan. However, when he was a HS sophomore, he was determined NOT to attend the same undergrad as his brother (tired of following in his footsteps). BUT…once he attended a Bama game in Bryant-Denny he announced that he was going to Bama and he wasn’t going to apply anywhere else (well, we made him apply to a few more.)</p>