UA students and fans bored with winning?

<p>Yesterday’s article in the WSJ:</p>

<p>[At</a> Alabama, Fans Are Getting a Little Bored With All the Winning - WSJ.com](<a href=“At Alabama, Fans Are Getting a Little Bored With All the Winning - WSJ”>At Alabama, Fans Are Getting a Little Bored With All the Winning - WSJ)</p>

<p>Perhaps if Alabama actually played somebody, they would find it more interesting.</p>

<p>While there is some truth in the article such as their point that getting up “early” (college student definition) to watch an 11am game against a second tier team which would be boring is not unique to Crimson Tide fans.</p>

<p>However, the big games are not boring and the author of that article needs to remember the SEC Championship Game last year against Georgia which was (IMHO) one of the best football games I’ve ever watched.</p>

<p>Interesting spin on what happens when a powerhouse is perceived as being to big to fail! </p>

<p>My daughter is a senior at a Big 10, this is what she says about Bama’s football team, “there is one truly watchable division in college football and that’s the SEC, and within the SEC there is really only one team worth watching and that’s the Crimson Tide. Roll Tide Roll!”</p>

<p>Her boyfriend’s dad is an alum of that other school. He just shakes his head and sighs when she says that-lol!</p>

<p>Needless to say our family is not bored and can’t wait for Saturday and the Ole Miss game that we’ll be attending. It will be my daughter’s first time at a game and she can’t wait. She’s also very excited to stay at The Lofts with her brother!! My hubby and I can’t wait to have our family together again. This empty nest business is for the birds. :)</p>

<p>Apparently the 11:00 AM quote made it to Around the Horn yesterday.</p>

<p>Ummmm… No. I love watching the Tide play. ESPNU has been playing an SEC game almost every night. I have watched parts of the Georgia/ Bama game 3 times. It is just that exciting. Of course, It’s easier to watch since I know we won that nail-biter!</p>

<p>I think it would be so cool if the Tide won every year my D attends the school!</p>

<p>This is nuts. Bama fans love winning. Bama fans expect to win…every game, every year.</p>

<p>Perhaps if Alabama actually played somebody, they would find it more interesting.</p>

<p>Yes, no more weak BCS Championship opponents…like beating up that cupcake team 21-0</p>

<p>(Ouch! That’s gonna leave a mark.)</p>

<p>Uh, NO! </p>

<p>Cuttlefish, DH has been watching the Bama games as well. I’ve found myself watching as well when they are on. </p>

<p>I am ready for some football! Not NFL either. ICK!
Ready for the first high school football game this Friday and first Bama game on Saturday. Go Owls and Roll Tide. </p>

<p>When getting my nails done this week I went for the crimson. :slight_smile: Hesitated and still did not get the “A” painted on. Have never done that and don’t want to jinx anything.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>I know what you mean, slippy. Furman, Kent State, and UAB are pathetic cupcakes and total snoozers.</p>

<p>Wait . . . Sorry, that’s LSWho’s schedule. My bad. :(</p>

<p>TxNewCollegeMom: I still can’t bring myself to watch the beginning of the Bama vs Tamu game but I do watch the rest of the game. I know we can win it this year!!</p>

<p>malanai, enjoy Kentucky and Tennessse while we’re playing Florida and Georgia.</p>

<p>malanai, enjoy Kentucky and Tennessse while we’re playing Florida and Georgia.</p>

<p>So…go ahead and beat those teams…and then we’ll beat you.</p>

<p>Poor Slippy, Bama fans bit him and that really hurts…
[Charlie</a> Bit Me! - YouTube](<a href=“- YouTube”>- YouTube)</p>

<p>When I first saw the thread I thought it said ‘UA Students and Fans Bored With WHINING’. Then I read Slippy’s posts and realized I was right. ;)</p>

<p>We are slowly winning Slippy over. He does admit to owning a Bama magnet. And he even had it in his possession. The whole LSWho cheering by Slippy is just a bad dream he is having and will awake one day and see the err of his way and will be washed in crimson.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Thanks, slippy. I will. </p>

<p>I’ll also enjoy watching us whup LSU. Then I’ll enjoy watching us whup the best the SEC East has to offer, when all is said and done. Then you can fly over to Hawaii and I’ll host you for the BCS Championship. All the Mai Tais you can handle, on the house. You’ll turn crimson and white in no time at all. :)</p>

<p>Reauxll Tide, brother!</p>