Fall 2012 Decisions

<p>@Mrpapageorgio Based on what I learned/heard today about people I know that were accepted (received notice over the weekend) after being postponed, I think your daughter gets in. A few that I know ACT & GPA for were about the same as your daughter’s stats, one of them even quite a bit lower. Some kids that never thought they had a shot were admitted over the weekend. While I’ve consistently believed that the Wisc. app review wasn’t as holistic as some other posters believe (just my opinion, I have no facts), I can’t speak to the quality of their esssays/LOR’s/EC’s etc. compared to your daughter’s. Simply based on ACT and GPA of the type of applicants that made it past postponed, she should make it into the CAE program. Then, as you’ve said, she gets to make the choice, factoring in CAE, money from UIUC, etc. instead of someone in the Admissions office or CAE office making the decision for her (denied).</p>

<p>@ CAE candidates Understandably, there’s been a bunch of speculation on CC about the CAE program. I’m surprised that nobody who’s been put into the CAE holding pattern has called and talked to someone in that office and then posted the info on CC. The other thread on this site has some very concerned people. I would suggest that anyone really concerned call and not leave any ambiguities up to interpretation of wording on the website or CC posters that aren’t familiar with the program. Just an idea.</p>

<p>I believe she will get admitted as well…thanks. Writing is her strong point, so her essays are very good. Some people have more ec’s than she does and volunteer work, so that would be the weaker part of her app, although like most applicants, she participated in sports and earned honors. And I posted this before, I know the intent of the CAE is to help, and I really would be surprised if she doesn’t get in. Stats much higher would be admitted, so I would assume that she should be at the top of the CAE applicant pool.</p>

<p>I agree that Wisc seems to be somewhat stat driven. It also seems they place more emphasis on grades than test scores. Her gpa isn’t as high as some, so my guess is that is the basis for being postponed. Beyond its academics, Wisc Madison is a special place and offers a wonderful atmosphere to interact with people of many different opinions. So I hope it is an option. I think that is why it attracts so many strong applicants, as Nadison is a great college town…a special place.</p>

<p>As far as calling, you are right, a call could answer questions. I kind of believe in not stirring the pot…we will get answers soon enough.</p>

<p>I think I found some information about CAE.</p>

<p>It looks like a great program. Seems like the CAE students are more guided and mentored than the average UW Madison student (I may be wrong). I wonder if they have a higher success rate because of all the attention and access to assistance.</p>

<p>It’s too bad people have to wait so long…especially those who have other college options and scholarships on hold elsewhere.</p>

<p>Hey, everyone.</p>

<p>My brother applied to UW Madison but on his student center it still says “We have received your application and are reviewing your file to ensure we have all materials necessary to make a decision. Once we confirm receipt of required materials your application will proceed to a counselor for review.
Visit the Notifications page to view important messages. Check back here for updates on your application status.”</p>

<p>Anybody knows why this is? He applied on January 21 which is pretty close to deadline. Can that be the reason?</p>